IGNORED

Clam the Nav. & Shrews.

1957Buck

Come next Thursday The Season opens on the Sink. and Shrews. I will be Watching or Raking with some Buddies. just need a Low Tide Calm wind.  Anyone else planning a day of Clamming.  Don't forget everyone needs a Licence that is with you even the Kids. Or Senior Lifetime Lic. apply online the easiest. Need help --ask. this not deep water clamming it is from a few inches to exposed Bars.

30595111_2043644965892182_7589887844089331712_n.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

On 10/25/2018 at 9:02 AM, JimC1965 said:

Where do you access the river from? I am working next Thursday or I would be there.

Might be in the 60s Thursday Clamming buddy says Low tide around 9 am. with the moon phase we are in it should be extra low making for perfect conditions. Jim have you been clamming before and where. also, when do you have an opening to go keep in mind Low tide the lower the better. Chest Waders 8 in wide Hand Garden Rake long or short handled.  clams are some 6=10 deep on exposed flats/  all sizes legal to big Chowder ones, even some soft-shelled clams if you have a place to purge the sand out. I might be there but not to clam also U need a Lic. get it online. will PM location and most import The Parking that can be a problem at times.  

Some general information Don't be fooled with NO CLOSED SEASON there are restrictions North and South Jersey where I go it is Nov. 1 to March 30. All clams have to be 1 1/2 inch across Tip we carry a 1 1/2 "PVC Pipe ring for a gauge, Lic. are $10 Resident Juvenal 14 under $2  Senior 62 over $2 lifetime Lic. ( 150 Clams is the Limit ) for Recreational clammers per day. Be Warned They are out in force looking for violations no mercy you will be fined for each and every undersized and over the limit.  Before we leave the water we Double check the size and Count. The area we clam is Small compared to South Jersey Bays. 

35720443_1915421561813454_8689649207033724928_n.jpg

7 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

Might be in the 60s Thursday Clamming buddy says Low tide around 9 am. with the moon phase we are in it should be extra low making for perfect conditions. Jim have you been clamming before and where. also, when do you have an opening to go keep in mind Low tide the lower the better. Chest Waders 8 in wide Hand Garden Rake long or short handled.  clams are some 6=10 deep on exposed flats/  all sizes legal to big Chowder ones, even some soft-shelled clams if you have a place to purge the sand out. I might be there but not to clam also U need a Lic. get it online. will PM location and most import The Parking that can be a problem at times.  

Hey Buck, I have never clammed before but have been interested in trying it. Next 3 weeks I'm hoping to get out and  hunt on my days off but I may be able to sneak a half day in somewhere. 

11 hours ago, JimC1965 said:

Hey Buck, I have never clammed before but have been interested in trying it. Next 3 weeks I'm hoping to get out and  hunt on my days off but I may be able to sneak a half day in somewhere. 

Ok all U need is what I posted remember the longer you wait the colder it gets to be in the waters most importantly is the Low Tide the lower the better. Access is super limited in the area we clam. so posting is not an option.