IGNORED

Fall fishing this evening

MPSR

Had an hour before dark so I headed to the Flabrook to try a little fall trout fishing.

no one around, water was clear and at the perfect level. After the heavy rains I figure the fish would be in the log jams.

well to make short of it I went through 2 packs of butter worms at the first log jam and caught 6 rainbows between 15 and 18 inches and a 12 inches spring stocked trout as well. Released all but one for the pan.

seems like everyone forgets about the fall stocking yet it’s a chance  to catch the biggest trout of the year with no pressure.

intrested if anyone else been out and had any luck?

Fall is my favorite time of year to trout fish. Finally this year the rivers are in great shape with the rainy summer we had. Floating and sinking leaves tend to be a pain. I went out a few times, mainly catching rainbows on streamers. I would like to fish pequest this weekend but looks like rain again. It's only Tuesday though so maybe the weather will change. 

I have been out twice so far and have done alright. My usual spots were actually too fast when I went so I had to pool hop. Between two trips I have landed 8 and released 4. Leaves have been an issue but not one that I am not used to at this point. I’d like to get out this afternoon with the weather called for mid 50s, and hopefully the river still is holding fish.

My Health keeps me away this year from The Flatbrook Fall Stocking but comes to Nov.19 winter stocking. Will hit a local lake just hope they don't do a Dump as last Year of FkU Trout.  Spring Lake 200 Freehold 190 Fisherman fishing 8   :hmmmer:  Photo from NJDFAG of The NJ Common Rainbows.  2 words " Trout Magnets "

rainbows_winter.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif