Sign in to follow this  
remingtonman1108

Super Bowl Food

Haskell, good post and about the same as what I do but you didn't mention the type of oil so I would suggest peanut oil, anything deep fried in my house is goes in peanut oil because of the high smoking temp, gets a good crisp on wings.

For the sauce, I mix garlic butter and Pete's texas or Franks red hot at about a 3 to1 (hot sauce to garlic butter) along with a Tblspn of vinegar and a dash or 2 of sugar. I'll have a side bowl of sauce that I kick up with a habanero sauce.

Good call about the oil. Peanut is really good to use but I've been partial to canola oil recently. Most any oil will do as long at is has a high smoke point.

By the way things look...hospital food. My wifes 9 months pregnant and I said weeks ago watch her go into labor on superbowl sunday.

Ha Ha Ha, 19 years ago I spent Super Bowl Sunday in Labor. I remember that Dallas was playing and I liked them. Was gonna give my son Mike, Dallas as a middle name if they won, they didn't. Don't even remember who they played. Anyway, I waited until after the game to go to the hospital. He was born the next morning at 6am. Because of this we have always celebrated his BD on Super Bowl Sunday, but with him being away at college this year I've given no thought at all to this Sunday or the food I will have.

Best of luck to you, your wife and your expected little one. I hope he/she waits until after the game to make the big appearance.