IGNORED

Coop and chicken yard

Swamp_Yankee

59 minutes ago, PSE160 said:

Commenting kind of late but was lurking topics, I highly suggest the automatic closing and opening coop door. As long as it works you never have to worry about a chicken getting left outside and getting picked off by a racoon or fox. I have quite a few so keeping track of numbers can be a pain and haven't lost another chicken since I got that door.

I had a red head  that slept with me ,they produce much better when not stressed! 3  browns a day.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Where did you get it/how does it work?  Link?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LZ1S32/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1

Bought on Amazon

I got the one with the timer and light sensor. Basically can just set times that the door opens and time that is will close.  And the sensor can be set to automatically open and close when it gets light and dark. Personally I stopped using the light sensor due to the amount of tree cover my property has and was closing a little earlier then I wanted it too. You can probably just get away with the timer.

The chicken guard with the sensor is the way to go.

I have 2 with sensor and one with the timer.

One of my old models electronics went on the fritz and the company shipped a new one to me overnight shipped.

You can build doors out of aluminum street signs. The door runners are easy too.

Mount the unit outside the coop/pen for or easy access. A metal sewing thimble and A screw can be used for a one or two pulley system.

I've done it successfully.

Pics available...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk