IGNORED

FYI moon phase study.

Pathman

47 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

The Moon has a definite effect on Deer movement and Humans Just ask anyone who works in a Hospital Emergency Room.    Instinct's and Cycles ( Moon &  Seasonal Change  ) are want rules what Critters react to. 

How people act during full moon phases is completely different than how or if deer move differently.  The study says deer's movement is very minimally different over all phases of the moon for this one study.  I think that is the take away from this.  But I know for a fact that humans go nuts during the full moon, having a close relative that works in the NJ mental health system as a Dr.   

Studies are opinions based on different studies by many sources and many times very conflicting.   Depending on their agendas. ( Funding ) As U already surmise I am always suspicious of any Government and organizations with a Clear agenda to come up with any reports or findings to be in their favor to gain and keep funding be it Public or Taxed  & Contributions.  Bet I could find other studies showing how the Moon Phase effects Deer since I have read how it affects Wildlife and Tides & Fish seems suspicious Deer are the Only animal not affected by the moon.   Off Topic, just look at all the BS about Global Warming the Science on both sides.  I read her article saw the Charts-Graphs- the interpretations and her remark about her Grandfather Truth be known he was and is right IMO.   How is Weather science over a Decades and $$$$$$$$ spent on it? Back to Topic, The Moon affects life on Earth agree -disagree. It is as common as a Common American Crow.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Pathman thanks for the post it is something pondered by generations of Hunters and Biologists with as many Conflicting and differing results determining & proving  Nothing   It was not hard to Search ( Does the moon Affect Whitetail Deer ) with so many results I came up with and read one that IMO sums it up.                      www.charlliesiseimer.Com/ca/moon.html, as usual, my cut and past are broken. If someone wants to help thank you.    Also, his Home Page is a great read. 

8 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

But it's great to be scientifically proven wrong!  

You are not wrong as your observations and personal experiences over years of being involved with wildlife give you an Opinion It is your Science.

Since Science is a Theoretical Explanation of Natural Phenomena And Not EXACT.  My some 67 years of Hunting ( Deer ) mostly in the latter years when interests turned to observe wildlife and the signs and habits of Deer can I form an opinion of them.  The Moon has an effect on deer as must as weather and seasonal changes do.  And that site proves me out in many ways.  hope you open read it. 

:agree:i agree i have always seen less deer during full moon from the same tree that had plentyt of deer moving a few days before , when i was in my teens and twentys i spent many a night spoting deer and during A full moon deer did not use fields as much as dark nights especially mature bucks.the results may show movement but does it show if the routes changed ? or if they are moving at diferent times than normal ?  They may move but maybe in thickets if that is the case would that not be an effect of the moon? very interesting

46 minutes ago, buckhound said:

:agree:i agree i have always seen less deer during full moon from the same tree that had plentyt of deer moving a few days before , when i was in my teens and twentys i spent many a night spoting deer and during A full moon deer did not use fields as much as dark nights especially mature bucks.the results may show movement but does it show if the routes changed ? or if they are moving at diferent times than normal ?  They may move but maybe in thickets if that is the case would that not be an effect of the moon? very interesting

:agree: Thank you.

I’m not sayin you guys are right or wrong one way or the other, but using anecdotal evidence, and a very small relative sample size of observational data to base your conclusions on will not prove or disprove any theory. 

These studies have huge amounts of data, anything we observe in the field likely is coincidental.

I’ll address Rusty’s study later!😂