IGNORED

Cold weather gear...

B B

I'm due.  It's time to retire my eighteen year old bibs.  Wanted to get the Wooltimate bibs, but it ain't happening, they're discontinued and I can't find a pair anywhere in my size.  Was looking at the SITKA Incinirator so any feedback on them is appreciated.  What other brands would you suggest.  Don't mind dropping the coin for good stuff cause I'll be wearing it for the next twenty years.

I have all the Sitka except for a couple things. I can answer anything ya wanna know. I’ll tell you this. The fanatic bibs and jacket are friggin Amazing. The incinerator is  The most incredible lightweight and crazy warm gear there is. However in my opinion you’ll get more use out of he fanatic. Bc the incinerator is legit when the temps are hitting the single digits and below. I can walk to stand in the fanatic taking my time and not sweat. I have to pack the incinerator in (it compresses very small and I put in my pack) and put it on at the tree. I wouldn’t even try walking in it.  You absolutely cannot go wrong with ANYTHING Sitka makes. I was hesitant when then first hit the market. It took years for me to try. But it truly is gear. Every aspect is well thought out. It’s one  of the rare cases where the product truly justifies the price. Read and pay attention to their sizing. And if there’s any uncertainty call them. They are the best in the business. The days of wearing bulky clothing to be warm are over. 

Sir. I am going to give you sound advice. There is no better cold weather camo than the Sitka gear incinerator bib & jacket. They stand behind their product. Warm, comfortable, well built. Also. Buy smart wool. Mid layer....ulfrotte 400 top & bottom. You will NEVER be cold. Buy it and don't look back. I have had my incinerator top and bib for a long time....no complaint 

I agree with both of these gents. The fanatic jacket/bib will get you through most of the season and sometimes the entire season with proper layering. The incinerator jacket and bib with layering will get you through the cold days that the fanatic can’t cover. I love them both. On bitter cold days, I still love my mto50 cabelas one piece. With proper layering, you can definitely outlast the masses. I strongly suggest walking in dressed light or you might burst into flames by the time you get to your stand. If you have questions, let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sitka for me too. By far the best stuff I’ve ever owned. Not only warm but their clothes are so well thought out. Pockets in the right places and little details that I’ve never seen before. Plus, it’s the most comfortable clothes I own. Not just hunting clothes, more comfortable than anything I own. Can’t say enough good about it. Worth every penny 

Just another note pertaining to Sitka Gear. I had the Incinerator bibs and they were just too warm for me in NJ. Called Sitka customer service to ask their advice. They were like talking to family on the phone. I told them I wanted something more versatile. I didn’t want to have a high priced pair of bibs that I could only use 1-2 days a year. They told me to send them back and that they would set me up. They sent me a pair of Stratus bibs with a light weight and a heavy weight set of thermals. Between this combo, I have the whole season covered. Other than early season when it’s still 75-90 degrees(at which time I wear their Equinox pants and shirt) I’m set for the whole season with a Fanatic jacket. No money changed hands. That the kind of company they are and the quality of their clothing is absolutely second to none. I was very hesitant to drop the coin on this stuff. It is expensive. But, I’ve spent almost the same amount on clothes that I wasn’t even near as pleased with. Between their quality and their customer service, I seriously doubt I will buy any other brand ever.

9 minutes ago, 06roadking said:

Just another note pertaining to Sitka Gear. I had the Incinerator bibs and they were just too warm for me in NJ. Called Sitka customer service to ask their advice. They were like talking to family on the phone. I told them I wanted something more versatile. I didn’t want to have a high priced pair of bibs that I could only use 1-2 days a year. They told me to send them back and that they would set me up. They sent me a pair of Stratus bibs with a light weight and a heavy weight set of thermals. Between this combo, I have the whole season covered. Other than early season when it’s still 75-90 degrees(at which time I wear their Equinox pants and shirt) I’m set for the whole season with a Fanatic jacket. No money changed hands. That the kind of company they are and the quality of their clothing is absolutely second to none. I was very hesitant to drop the coin on this stuff. It is expensive. But, I’ve spent almost the same amount on clothes that I wasn’t even near as pleased with. Between their quality and their customer service, I seriously doubt I will buy any other brand ever.

Great info

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

10 hours ago, B B said:

I'm due.  It's time to retire my eighteen year old bibs.  Wanted to get the Wooltimate bibs, but it ain't happening, they're discontinued and I can't find a pair anywhere in my size.  Was looking at the SITKA Incinirator so any feedback on them is appreciated.  What other brands would you suggest.  Don't mind dropping the coin for good stuff cause I'll be wearing it for the next twenty years.

Wooltimate bibs are too much for NJ unless you don't have to walk to your stand or you only put them on wen you get to your stand.