IGNORED

Bad luck with new bow sights this year

JHbowhunter

Love my new TRIAX, am 2 for 2 with it, opening day doe, and my best NJ buck to date on 10/5.    I had put the new IQ 3 pin on it, wasn't a huge fan of the retina lock I felt it was constantly moving on me.   I was shooting it last week, and proved that the green circle was moving away from the black retina lock dot, after every few shots.  The adjustment for retina lock was very very loose, like no tension on it at all.     I took it back to Simon Peter and of course they let me choose any sight I wanted to replace it. 

I got this awesome 5 pin Trophy Ridge - it's the easiest to adjust and clearest pins I have ever used.   I had this new site dialed in at 20 and 30 yards in like 6 arrows. Shooting bb's with it.  The cool thing about it is you set your 20 with a master adjust, then set the 30 with a "group adjust" screw - and it automatically spreads your 40, 50 and 60 based on the ratio of distance between your 20 and 30.     I won't shoot past 40 but cool anyway.   Comes with a batter light built in but doubt I will need it - so much brighter and more fiber optic than the IQ.   

NOW - the only problem is bad vibration noise within the fiber optic housing, so I am going to have to take this sight I really love back, hopefully it's just a defective unit and I can get one that doesn't make noise. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I've learned the more technical and the more you spend on a sight the more issues you'll have.  I have a basic 5 pin APEX with a light.  It's been on three bows and never had a problem....  EXCEPT FOR FORGETTING TO TURN THE LIGHT OFF!!!! :banghead:

Edited by B B

12 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Love my new TRIAX, am 2 for 2 with it, opening day doe, and my best NJ buck to date on 10/5.    I had put the new IQ 3 pin on it, wasn't a huge fan of the retina lock I felt it was constantly moving on me.   I was shooting it last week, and proved that the green circle was moving away from the black retina lock dot, after every few shots.  The adjustment for retina lock was very very loose, like no tension on it at all.     I took it back to Simon Peter and of course they let me choose any sight I wanted to replace it. 

I got this awesome 5 pin Trophy Ridge - it's the easiest to adjust and clearest pins I have ever used.   I had this new site dialed in at 20 and 30 yards in like 6 arrows. Shooting bb's with it.  The cool thing about it is you set your 20 with a master adjust, then set the 30 with a "group adjust" screw - and it automatically spreads your 40, 50 and 60 based on the ratio of distance between your 20 and 30.     I won't shoot past 40 but cool anyway.   Comes with a batter light built in but doubt I will need it - so much brighter and more fiber optic than the IQ.   

NOW - the only problem is bad vibration noise within the fiber optic housing, so I am going to have to take this sight I really love back, hopefully it's just a defective unit and I can get one that doesn't make noise. 

I also have the trophy ridge react.  Best site I have ever used by far. Site is dead on.  I just bought mine back in September and I shoot almost every day.  I have not experienced this issue yet with the fiber optics vibrating or making noise.  Hopefully if you exchange the new one will not do this for you.  Cause if it does I may have to get a new one also.  I don’t even like knowing there could be a chance this will happen to mine. 

32 minutes ago, Trophy8 said:

Why not just go to a single.pin adjustable. ..end all the nonsense? 

I have HHA on other bow but for hunting I want a separate pin for 30 and 40. That HHA cost me a 255” buck two years ago just no time to change dial in moment of truth.  I like 3 pins but 5 is ok.  Dan there is no “tape” in this model like u do with HHA. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

36 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I have HHA on other bow but for hunting I want a separate pin for 30 and 40. That HHA cost me a 255” buck two years ago just no time to change dial in moment of truth.  I like 3 pins but 5 is ok.  Dan there is no “tape” in this model like u do with HHA. 

The gaps are measured  in incremetes based on speed. no matter what they are using as there indicator its based on that.

There were actually  pretty elaborate shooting systems used on the field archery ranges.

The GAP is based on the distance in drop on the particular arrow.

Doesn't matter if a tape is used on the sight the fundamental is based on the same computer formula.

The difference in the gap between 20/30 on most of todays bows isn't going to show you the real distances at 40 /50/60 as accurately .unless your shooting baby asprin to set that exact mark.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

The gaps are measured  in incremetes based on speed. no matter what they are using as there indicator its based on that.

There were actually  pretty elaborate shooting systems used on the field archery ranges.

The GAP is based on the distance in drop on the particular arrow.

Doesn't matter if a tape is used on the sight the fundamental is based on the same computer formula.

The difference in the gap between 20/30 on most of todays bows isn't going to show you the real distances at 40 /50/60 as accurately .unless your shooting baby asprin to set that exact mark.

I left the instructions at the store. Maybe I am doing wrong. I don’t try 40 year after I set 30 because I am taking it back. But I do really like the sight other than the noise. Bow is deadly quiet can’t have that noise coming from the sight 

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

I left the instructions at the store. Maybe I am doing wrong. I don’t try 40 year after I set 30 because I am taking it back. But I do really like the sight other than the noise. Now is deadly quiet can’t have that noise coming from the sight 
I know you shouldnt have to- but you might consider it being worth it if thenfiberoptics vibrate in the housing maybe they just need a DIY fix..
Possibly tie them with a string or ooze some clear silicon in the housing to take out the vibrstions..
If you can find what is making the noise and really like the sight otherwise- I'd try and fix it.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

I have an older trophy ridge with the vertical pins, i remember it did make some noise but i loved the sight. Small sugical tube on the fibers that wrap around the housing and modified string leeches put in the holes of the mounting arm for the attached no peep made it dead quiet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM