IGNORED

Scentlock odd smell

roy381

Finally absorbed all the BS it could take! 

In all seriousness though it never really worked. Like Lunatic pointed out you can’t reactivate the carbon without torching the garment. The carbon in the suit was probably fully saturated before it even got to the store! Activated charcoal is a real thing that works just not in clothing that claims it can be reactivated.

What I use that does work is activated charcoal in powder form mixed in water and I dip all my gear. It keeps me from having to wash my gear multiple times a season as I just dip it again. It’s crazy, after dipping, the gear comes out smelling like absolutely nothing! How long does it last? Couldn’t tell you maybe a day maybe a month, what I do know is once dipped it starts with a clean scent free slate. 

4 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

In all seriousness though it never really worked. Like Lunatic pointed out you can’t reactivate the carbon without torching the garment. The carbon in the suit was probably fully saturated before it even got to the store! Activated charcoal is a real thing that works just not in clothing that claims it can be reactivated.

This.

My actual NBC suit I had to carry overseas was in a sealed and dated package that is only good for so many hours once opened before it is done and those pieces are like 1/2" thick . Same with the filter for a gas mask, both are charcoal.

11 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

Finally absorbed all the BS it could take! 

What I use that does work is activated charcoal in powder form mixed in water and I dip all my gear. It keeps me from having to wash my gear multiple times a season as I just dip it again. It’s crazy, after dipping, the gear comes out smelling like absolutely nothing! How long does it last? Couldn’t tell you maybe a day maybe a month, what I do know is once dipped it starts with a clean scent free slate. 

Interesting, where do you get the charcoal?  

I buy the charcoal on Amazon. Comes in like 2 lb bags for about 20$. I use about a 1/8 cup in about 5 gallons of water, dip and hang dry. That price is crazy cheap compared to my first experience with it. Forgot the brand name but I bought a bowhunter gillie jacket and designer recommended dipping it in his activated charcoal. I think a few ounces from him was over 10$ that only got me two dips! 

I dip everything that can get wet, you can also use the leftover in a spray bottle for field application.  I haven’t used the charcoal  for anything else but its said to have many uses. 

2 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

I buy the charcoal on Amazon. Comes in like 2 lb bags for about 20$. I use about a 1/8 cup in about 5 gallons of water, dip and hang dry. That price is crazy cheap compared to my first experience with it. Forgot the brand name but I bought a bowhunter gillie jacket and designer recommended dipping it in his activated charcoal. I think a few ounces from him was over 10$ that only got me two dips! 

I dip everything that can get wet, you can also use the leftover in a spray bottle for field application.  I haven’t used the charcoal  for anything else but its said to have many uses. 

thanks