IGNORED

Scentlock odd smell

roy381

Hi folks I have a one piece Scentlock suit that I have had for several years. Its my go to suit for fall bow. This year I removed it from my plastic tub with dirt scent wafers as like the last few years.  It has a chemical smell almost like paint thinner or something alike. None of the other clothing has the smell. anyone else ever come across the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

No mildew everything gets washes and dried at end of the season.  I've  never had the issue before all the other clothes smell fine. I washed it several times hung out to dry and still has the odor. Even scent free spray doesn't remove the odor.

I just did a quick search seems its carbon related. Doesn't seem to be much on the Web about a solution as others have tried what I have.  Others have tossed their clothing. I used fresh Earth scent spray on it but can still smell the odor.Any advice on any other masking sprays out there worth trying.  The suit is in perfect condition certainly don't wanna throw out.

11 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Never put your scentloks in plastic or with scented items. 

^ This^

The whole time it was stored the carbon was absorbing the plastic bin and scent wafer odors.   You may have used up the carbons ability to reactivate.   

Thanks for the replies, I have had it in the dryer to rejuvenate it. 

Some of the articles I read stated that using a plastic tub 

was fine. But who knows its seems that in these articles the clothing is not made to last as far as scent control

6 hours ago, B B said:

^ This^

The whole time it was stored the carbon was absorbing the plastic bin and scent wafer odors.   You may have used up the carbons ability to reactivate.   

The temperature required to reactivate carbon would burn your clothes to a tiny pile of ash. Its a gimmick but they do make good clothes and even I have few pieces.

3 hours ago, roy381 said:

Thanks for the replies, I have had it in the dryer to rejuvenate it. 

Some of the articles I read stated that using a plastic tub 

was fine. But who knows its seems that in these articles the clothing is not made to last as far as scent control

The scent control never worked to begin with. Wash your clothes and hunt, forget the dryer and all the other scentlock scent control nonsense.