IGNORED

Updated advertisements on the site, ROUND 2!

BowhunterNJ

OK guys and gals, we made some adjustments and I've re-enabled the ads.  Majority have been put into the sidebar now instead of between content.  They top banner will got in the rotation of all site sponsor ads but for the interim to review, sponsor ads have been disabled (they will be re-enabled shortly).  The bottom banner is still a "sticky" and this is considered the "most sought after ad", so that was a compromise to remove ads between content (posts).

Let's give it a go and some time to feel out before we call it the end of the world! :)

Any and all constructive criticism is welcome! :up:

2 minutes ago, Hondo said:

I don't like seeing ads period. Just my two cents.

I understand, and to meet that goal, I'll be setting up some membership group structures where members can donate to the site and get placed in an elevated member group where some ads won't display (many members would still want to see the site sponsor ads and probably wouldn't care about some other out of the way ads if it meant helping the site grow).  I can tune that approach as we go forward, but in the end, I need *some* ads to help pay for the site operating costs and hopefully do a lot more for the members with some product giveaways (who wouldn't want a giveaway for a trailcam, or a treestand, etc?)

48 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I understand, and to meet that goal, I'll be setting up some membership group structures where members can donate to the site and get placed in an elevated member group where some ads won't display (many members would still want to see the site sponsor ads and probably wouldn't care about some other out of the way ads if it meant helping the site grow).  I can tune that approach as we go forward, but in the end, I need *some* ads to help pay for the site operating costs and hopefully do a lot more for the members with some product giveaways (who wouldn't want a giveaway for a trailcam, or a treestand, etc?)

Yeah  understand things cost $$. 

19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

new adds continually popping up are REALLY tough on the eyes.

Constant change of brightness, is rough.

seemed earlier once it loaded it stayed, , now the bottom rotation is giving me a headache quick

Dan, that's a strange one.  You're saying the brightness changes?  Or the transition from the site's color to the ad colors is rough/harsh?  The ad provider is watching this topic, so definitely describe what you see in detail, they may be able to correct it.

didn't seem as bad on my phone.

On my lap top the bottom add starts out white, then add flashes as it loads.

if on same page when the add changes it flashes like a white light, then different add loads, 

so its like getting continual flashes of light

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I would gladly pay up 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈