Jump to content
BowhunterNJ

Updated advertisements on the site, ROUND 2!

Recommended Posts

OK guys and gals, we made some adjustments and I've re-enabled the ads.  Majority have been put into the sidebar now instead of between content.  They top banner will got in the rotation of all site sponsor ads but for the interim to review, sponsor ads have been disabled (they will be re-enabled shortly).  The bottom banner is still a "sticky" and this is considered the "most sought after ad", so that was a compromise to remove ads between content (posts).

Let's give it a go and some time to feel out before we call it the end of the world! :)

Any and all constructive criticism is welcome! :up:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind the adds...only complaint is I am getting sea sick now every time I click on a thread

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3Blade said:

I don't mind the adds...only complaint is I am getting sea sick now every time I click on a thread

Jumps around as the ads load?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like seeing ads period. Just my two cents.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

oh yeah

OK, I've reached out to the ad provider to see how we can eliminate or at least reduce that from happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hondo said:

I don't like seeing ads period. Just my two cents.

I understand, and to meet that goal, I'll be setting up some membership group structures where members can donate to the site and get placed in an elevated member group where some ads won't display (many members would still want to see the site sponsor ads and probably wouldn't care about some other out of the way ads if it meant helping the site grow).  I can tune that approach as we go forward, but in the end, I need *some* ads to help pay for the site operating costs and hopefully do a lot more for the members with some product giveaways (who wouldn't want a giveaway for a trailcam, or a treestand, etc?)

  • Like 3
  • Winner 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new adds continually popping up are REALLY tough on the eyes.

Constant change of brightness, is rough.

 

seemed earlier once it loaded it stayed, , now the bottom rotation is giving me a headache quick

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I understand, and to meet that goal, I'll be setting up some membership group structures where members can donate to the site and get placed in an elevated member group where some ads won't display (many members would still want to see the site sponsor ads and probably wouldn't care about some other out of the way ads if it meant helping the site grow).  I can tune that approach as we go forward, but in the end, I need *some* ads to help pay for the site operating costs and hopefully do a lot more for the members with some product giveaways (who wouldn't want a giveaway for a trailcam, or a treestand, etc?)

Yeah  understand things cost $$. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

new adds continually popping up are REALLY tough on the eyes.

Constant change of brightness, is rough.

 

seemed earlier once it loaded it stayed, , now the bottom rotation is giving me a headache quick

Dan, that's a strange one.  You're saying the brightness changes?  Or the transition from the site's color to the ad colors is rough/harsh?  The ad provider is watching this topic, so definitely describe what you see in detail, they may be able to correct it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't seem as bad on my phone.

On my lap top the bottom add starts out white, then add flashes as it loads.

if on same page when the add changes it flashes like a white light, then different add loads, 

so its like getting continual flashes of light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I understand, and to meet that goal, I'll be setting up some membership group structures where members can donate to the site and get placed in an elevated member group where some ads won't display (many members would still want to see the site sponsor ads and probably wouldn't care about some other out of the way ads if it meant helping the site grow).  I can tune that approach as we go forward, but in the end, I need *some* ads to help pay for the site operating costs and hopefully do a lot more for the members with some product giveaways (who wouldn't want a giveaway for a trailcam, or a treestand, etc?)

I would gladly pay up 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now