IGNORED

Broadheads

BHC

I know it's been asked before a million times, makes a million and one !!!

Out of my compound set at 60 lb., I'm shooting 100gr. G5 Strikers, and they shoot excellent, they are small, using a Carbon Express Maxima Hunter arrow. I was thinking if I stay with a fix head I will go back to Muzzy 100gr, if I go with mechanicals I will have many options, there was a time I used the original RAGE, now years later they have improved and have many new models, I was looking at the Hypodermic Trypan, and the regular Hypodermic......Has anyone tried both of these side by side, if so Pros and Cons?

1 minute ago, SPEARFISH said:

Haven't tried the Trypan yet, but shot a few with the hypodermics.   Worked well.  I think the Trypan have thicker blades.  I never liked Muzzy, but I know a lot of guys do, so I'm sure you'll get lots of comments.

for many years I shot Muzzy, and they shot great, and just great on game.....When RAGE came out I used them, they shot great and very good on game I was shooting 70 #, but after awhile the blades would open in the quiver I noticed the "O" ring would dry rot....Then at the time I I got a new bow at 60# and noticed the Rage had issues opening up.....My bow now is also at 60# I wanted to try a new broadhead and I went with the G5 Strikers (100gr) fly like darts and very good on game, but the broadhead is small......I like the fact the Rage and other broadheads like it give a hole one can drive a truck thru it

8 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

why do you think G5 strikers are small?  If they shoot great, and are razor sharp, why change?  I guarantee they will penetrate better than a mechanical.

well they are ....they are sharp

I think my VPAs are same size as Strykers- 3-blade and 1 1/8" cut diameter. Same as standard muzzy, same as standard thunderhead.  It's a proven design - I have never shot these 3 heads and longed for a bigger cut.  Put it where it belongs, razor sharp - deer bleed out quick.  You are shooting a great head!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Muzzys are great broadheads,

I thought about trying the trypans, but seems the hypodermics have been found to be more solid.

Grim Reaper Pro whitetail specials, Dead ringer freak nasty, and NAP spitfires are about the three most reliable Mechanicals out there, that make huge holes, 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

They're all very good! I've shot 4 deer this season with the same arrow and Muzzy 4 blade! All died fast. I have also always loved Rage! I shot a big doe friday night with the rage 4 blade extreme. She was hit great and went about 200yds with a great blood trail. I've never had one go as far with a well placed shot. But they are tough animals. I'd shoot whatever flys the best! Good luck!

21 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

60 pounds and a rage if you have a heavy arrow and keep the shots inside 30 yards you’ll be fine. Otherwise mystical with your fixed. 

60 pounds in todays equipment is like shooting 80 pounds 15 years ago.

I have bows here from 55-98 pounds. And shot LOTS of deer with them all.

Only difference between them is the "Dirt"  factor.

How far into the dirt they go after a pass through 

55# bow shoots through the deer and goes 4" in the dirt.

70-98# bows go 8" in the dirt.

I also set up quite a few kids and womens bows. Most shot 45-50 pounds. And had complete pass throughs  shooting small Grim Reapers.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Joe I was a RAGE guy until I lost a buck and blamed everything but myself, so I switched to the G5 Striker. Shot great out to 50yds, not much tuning required. I had my 1st bear run 300yds, 2 does I shot under 30yds go over 100yds and I lost a doe. I went back to the RAGE after goin to Lancaster Archery and they got me some Hypodermics. I like the collars on these compared to the O rings on my old 2 blades, they are sharper and do fly like my field points. Im hoping to put one through somthing within the next 2 weeks. My creed is set at 65# with Maxima hunter 350s