IGNORED

Bear Over/Under estimates this week

birdshotnj

What do you all think will be the Over/Under for this week's bear hunt. Between state land being closed, and the horrible forecast for the rest of the week, I predict a very low number of bears will be taken this week. If the weather does what it's showing now, I predict less than 200 bears taken this week. Lets hear your estimates

Also remember that we are starting with a much smaller population than in years past.  The hunt has been very successful at reducing the number of bears.  We live at ground zero for NJ bears, we are surrounded by thousands of acres of forest and have apple trees.  5-10 years ago we were overrun with bears.   This year is the first time in 30 years that apples lay on the ground under the trees untouched.  We have not seen a single bear in our yard this year.  

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/bearseason_info.htm             

Only 36 day 1.   15 bears in Sussex county was most by county.

Hell I remember a bow hunt for deer on my buddy's farm back in 2008, he was looking at 5 bears in his cornfield that I couldn't see, and I was at opposite end and was watching 8 bears...   13 bears on one 52 acre private piece!

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

31 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/bearseason_info.htm             

Only 36 day 1.   15 bears in Sussex county was most by county.

Hell I remember a bow hunt for deer on my buddy's farm back in 2008, he was looking at 5 bears in his cornfield that I couldn't see, and I was at opposite end and was watching 8 bears...   13 bears on one 52 acre private piece!

Just proves that hunting controls the population.  I dont see nearly as many...and its soooooo nice!