IGNORED

Anybody else had it with this weather?

Swamp_Yankee

Had the day off today and did a lot of cleaning out.  Pulled stuff out of the basement, closets, the attic, etc...mold and mildew everywhere.  Granted, we don't have central air, so that is part of it, but for God's sake, I feel like I live in a 3rd world tropical hellhole anymore.  We can't get more than five days without rain, and in between the humidity is 90%!  Every time I've gotten on the tractor this year I've either made ruts or tore up the ground so bad I had to rake it out and throw grass seed.  A big part of the reason western civilization conquered the world in the 1500-1600s was because we were never ravaged by all of the nasty diseases that the warmer and wetter parts of the world did.  I hope we get good frost before I come down with dengue fever...  At the very least I'm going to be investing in a whole-house dehumidifier.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

I been tired of it. I keep saying to folks, we have not had a single day this year, with no clouds, and I cannot remember last time we went even three days without precipitation. I imagine this is what Seattle is like - no thanks.  That being said - this is better than a drought. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Definitely better than drought, plenty of water in the wells.

If your well goes dry during a drought in NJ its probably too shallow to be drinking from anyway.  

3 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

I don’t mind it.  Did have to clean the outside of house twice this year because of mold but is what it is. 

I guess you'll be complaining when its in the single digits then?  :rofl:  I'll be outside having a beer by the firepit.

3 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

I guess you'll be complaining when its in the single digits then?  :rofl:  I'll be outside having a beer by the firepit.

No weather doesn’t bother me we ain’t never going to do shizzle  about it.  I love having fires in the cold outside too. :up:  

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈