DBuck

Excalibur Crossbows

Monmouth county here. If near and want to shoot mine or learn about the total awesomeness of the Excalibur pm me

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Never met him,but huntfree gave me A crossbow case years ago which I still have today.Needed zipper repair,minor!He shipped and would'nt except my offer to pay.I guess I'm trying to say there are good people out there,go shoot DBuck.:up:

Edited by hunterbob1
Added the capital D
  • Like 2

Wow you remembered! Lol

Never met him,but huntfree gave me A crossbow case years ago which I still have today.Needed zipper repair,minor!He shipped and would'nt except my offer to pay.I guess I'm trying to say there are good people out there,go shoot Dbuck.:up:

• Like 1

Absolutely no need to quiet the Bulldog 400. No matter what people may say deer will NOT duck this bow

Did you try and silence it at all?   Mine is all stock and is pretty loud.  I don't think you could ever make it silent, so maybe not worth trying.

• Like 2

The sound of the excalibur is a non issue. At 30 yards the sound of the shot and impact are almost the same. Yes I know the speed of sound is about 1150 fps, and my bolt is 380 fps, this is all academic.  Deer only reaction to my shot is dieing.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

LOL yup

The sound of the excalibur is a non issue. At 30 yards the sound of the shot and impact are almost the same. Yes I know the speed of sound is about 1150 fps, and my bolt is 380 fps, this is all academic.  Deer only reaction to my shot is dieing.

Anyone good with math?  What I would like to know is...  On a 50 yard shot where would the bolt be, in yards, at the time the deer hears the shot?    Let's say your crossbow is shooting 400fps.  I'm thinking it would be about 1/3 the way there already, once the deer hears it.  

Now, how long would it take for the arrow to get to the deer from there?  That would tell you how much time the deer would have to react before being struck by the arrow.  Then there would have to be some reaction time, from the time the deer hears the shot to the time it's brain tells it to run, which makes it duck.

It's not going to have much time to move if you figure in some kind of reaction time.

Shoot+sound deer hears-400fps÷50yds=Dead deer

Anyone good with math?  What I would like to know is...  On a 50 yard shot where would the bolt be, in yards, at the time the deer hears the shot?    Let's say your crossbow is shooting 400fps.  I'm thinking it would be about 1/3 the way there already, once the deer hears it.  
Now, how long would it take for the arrow to get to the deer from there?  That would tell you how much time the deer would have to react before being struck by the arrow.  Then there would have to be some reaction time, from the time the deer hears the shot to the time it's brain tells it to run, which makes it duck.
It's not going to have much time to move if you figure in some kind of reaction time.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Huntfree77 said:

Shoot+sound deer hears-400fps÷50yds=Dead deer

I knew someone on here would be good with math, thanks.:up:

• Like 1

Where have you fellas purchased your excals? I have had a tornado for 8 years with zero problems but have been really interested in the new Assassin. Would rather not purchase online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the Excalibur forum. A lot of good information and a lot of good suppliers

Where have you fellas purchased your excals? I have had a tornado for 8 years with zero problems but have been really interested in the new Assassin. Would rather not purchase online

13 minutes ago, Huntfree77 said:

Yes, I am on there.  Buckfever.

• Agree 1

Thanks

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, Nomad said:

We had entire thread on this last year including the math. Numbers aside I shot 4 deer with my crossbow, which I believe is only 360FPS, at 50 to 55 yards. Each time deer turn its head towards the sound with no other movement until the arrow found the target.

• Like 2

I bought my complete matrix 380 package from Walmart online 3 years ago.  It came from a sporting goods shop. Walmart had the best price.