IGNORED

Excalibur Crossbows

DBuck

35 minutes ago, toxo said:

I think Rage has fixed that with stronger collars for the crossbow heads. I shoot 125 GrimReaper crossbow heads.Never had any problems and I do Watch-em -drop!:up:

I shoot 100gr reapers out of my bow, love those heads

No need to tune ever....like you have to with all of the compound versions...one less thing to have to concern yourself with.  Just changed my string out myself for the first time in 5 years............If you like simplicity you'll like Excalibur.....If you have time and like to futz around with S%^t...well maybe look at some of the others....good luck in your search......

29 minutes ago, Daktari said:

No need to tune ever....like you have to with all of the compound versions...one less thing to have to concern yourself with.  Just changed my string out myself for the first time in 5 years............If you like simplicity you'll like Excalibur.....If you have time and like to futz around with S%^t...well maybe look at some of the others....good luck in your search......

The only tuning that is important is your effective brace height (position of the string on the rail).  If you keep that consistent, all your yardage marks will remain consistent as well.

59 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I have ten point for 4 years now. There is nothing to tune.

10 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

The average number of years of ownership of a crossbow is probably three years.  Most people do not encounter problems in that time period. Go to the classifieds on AT and CN and you will see tons of one year old crossbows for sale. 

Edited by archer36

I have had my equinox now for ten years I change my string every couple years keep an extra with me just in case no need to quit hunting and go to a bow shop for a fress just takes few minutes to change out the string and im back in business. I went to cabelas and shot all the crossbows they had before making a decision. I  did go with a custom string  that gives me a little more speed and a little more accuracy and they don't seem to wear out as fast....good luck

This is my 3rd season with the matrix 380, leupold crossbones scope, stock Diablo bolts, and 100 gr wasp drone 3 blade fixed heads. I would not trade this set up for anything. It's dead accurate,  simple,  and I can shoot length wise through a deer. You can't go wrong with excalibur,  because there is nothing to go wrong!  That should be their slogan. I have seen people selling complete set ups Here and the other site for 3 to 4 hundred,  a great deal.

4 hours ago, archer36 said:

The average number of years of ownership of a crossbow is probably three years.  Most people do not encounter problems in that time period. Go to the classifieds on AT and CN and you will see tons of one year old crossbows for sale. 

I am not sure what is your point. He said compound bows need to be tuned and I replied I have one for 4 years and there is nothing to tune. How does your comment tie into this? (I am slow today, its Monday, I must be missing something)

5 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Glad to hear.....probably making them better these days....my buddy had his ten point snap limbs twice and multiple problems with the cams.. and had the string replaced each year....it was a model from about 8 years ago.....he shoots an Excalibur now........

Tune might be the wrong word....my bad...should have said fix

I had the Equinox first   never had a problem  just was to wide for tree stand.    Then had the Matrix 380 only problem I had with that was dropped it out of stand and limb cracked , called Excalibur and had new limbs under warranty in 3 days ..  

I now have the 335 micro and love it.    Its  compact and easy to replace string if necessary 

Edited by BEAR