IGNORED

Sussex county butcher?

Tail Chaser

Is it legal to take a deer across state lines into NY from NJ?  I know my wife's cousin in PA couldn't bring his buck head into NY.  Had to have the taxidermist meet him on the PA side of the Delaware to cape it out.  Butchers in NY may not be able to bring a carcass in from another state.  Call first to find out for sure.

1 hour ago, Tail Chaser said:

Ok so I don't think anyone ever really answered. Where will you be bringing your deer now that Jorge is gone.

Preferably  within v35 minutes of Vernon 

We use Frank's Deer Processing in Montague. Right off 206 just past Stokes. Will attach his number when I get home Tail Chaser. Not sure how far you are from the Stokes/Branchville area.. 

I can say that quaker creek above makes great products. I shop there regularly but not for venison processing. However,the stuff that they sell in house is great. As far as venison processing  goes I have been completely disappointed. Actually  my friends brought deer there last year and they were all  disapponted. Everyone that I speak with says the same thing. Great store and products but they turn out terrible venison products. Also, I brought my deer there the first week of november. It was not ready for pickup until January and just about every cut tasted completely disgusting and super tangy. This deer went down in sight and was field dressed and to their shop in under 45 mins.   However the meat I got back was inedible. This is my experience with them. 

No Sussex butchers further south?  I too used Jorge, but now need to find someone new.  I may use Jimmy in Pittstown because I know him a little bit, but that's a haul for me.  I mostly hunt zone 6 Sparta and live in zone 8 Flanders (Mount Olive Twp. in Morris).  Where to go?