IGNORED

Thinking on going trad only

Since being tagged out ive been considering selling off my compounds plus accessories and going trad only. Ive been losing interest in going and thinking going trad might bring back the excitement. What do u guys think

Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!

Well, you have been shooting traditional for 10 years so you know something about it.  A lot of disappointment and failure, but when it finally comes together it is pretty fantastic. I don't know how to make a recurve out of a piece of hickory and I don't want to try. lol  I've shot some deer over the years with recurves.  I find them to be pretty flighty.  Fast shooting and unstable, magnifying shooting errors, like a bad release.   I tend to agree with Howard Hill, when he stated, "I'm not a good enough shot to shoot a recurve". lol   Good for you if you and others like them!  I like a heavy long bow, one that rips the string out of your fingers.

Edited by Nomad

I dont like pop ups rusty i like sittingin a blow down or bush ive also killed many deer in the past with trad never from a stand always on the ground 

Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!

13 hours ago, Bone collector 85 said:

Since being tagged out ive been considering selling off my compounds plus accessories and going trad only. Ive been losing interest in going and thinking going trad might bring back the excitement. What do u guys think

Nice way to change things up.  

Tagged out? Are you holding back on us a buck kill?

just hunt and have fun with a legal weapon of your choice - it's all good.   I think a better way to challenge oneself is to stop shooting dinks, and hold out for a mature buck. If you can get two mature bucks a year - even better.    To each their own.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, ultimately it's all about the chase, and outsmarting the deer.    At the end of the day, we all have our own standards like -

•  Brown its down - fill the freezer
  • Shoot a buck - any buck
  • Shoot a decent buck
  • Fill all buck tags
  • Shoot a big mature buck each year or eat your tag
  • Hunt trad only
  • Crossbow only
  • Compound only
  • Hunt with all 3 legal archery weapons
  • And the permutations are endless - many of us are like-minded, but we all have our own preferences.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

:agree: if you feel you are losing intrest try traditional what ever makes you want to hunt  and get out in the woods. i have been thinking of getting a cheaper recurve to start i see some that are not expensive at cabela's with decent prices $130- $200 and good reviews .....I  had an uncle that only took a video camera out to sit for a period of time but that kept him going out.good luck with what ever you decide  but in the end it's all about what is going to make you happy and want to hunt...