Dubs

10.26 check in

I'm out in 48 with Hetley. Cold out. Fields are white with frost. I hope to see the contrast of brown walking my way soon. Goodluck

• Agree 1

I n z19 . Great to finally get out in the stand . Squirrels are really rowdy this morning haha. Good luck n drop'm where they stand !

Just had a decent 8 walk through my woodlot looking for some ladies.  First buck I've noticed from the window out cruising our woodlot.  Daytime buck activity will only pick up from here.  Good luck to all in their stands today! 

• Agree 1

Too windy in Chester.. Going in to fetch my climber and get ready for tomorrow in a different location... :cupcoffee:

the wind really picked up this afternoon, surprised of the lack of sightings by many statewide

In stand now jumped two deer on the walk in an saw two hen turkeys. I'm hunting on my cousins farm tonight

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The 8 pointer I mentioned earlier today is still on lockdown with the one older doe.  I fully realize it's a bit early for does in estrus, but I certainly know lockdown when I see it.  He's there as I speak and so is she on my mineral block and the corn/molasses block I keep out just to watch the deer in my back woodlot.  Pretty cool to watch all day today.  Once in awhile they moved to an adjoining property only to keep coming back to mine.  My Brittany just ran to the fence and ran the doe off then tried to do the same for the buck which was only 6 feet away from him, but the buck stood his ground and the dog got bored and came back to the house, lol.

Was out this AM at dawn.  31°F all morning long.  Didn't see a darn thing.  One squirrel and one chipmunk.  However, this noisy flock of birds, maybe 70-80 of them, buzzed over the tree canopy squawking.  Couldn't figure out what kind they where.  Forgot to bring a hat with me and shivered a bit.  Dropped my limb saw and hand pruners when I got my climber settled 30' up.  

On the bright side, tried out a new breakfast place that had breakfast burritos.  That made up for the cold day of nothing.

On the bright side, tried out a new breakfast place that had breakfast burritos. 

I'm impressed you were able to stay up in your stand all morning after that breakfast :rofl:

• Agree 1

Haven't seen my 8 yet today in our woodlot, but he went off on some saplings last night!  Rubs all over.  I can see them from the window and am about to take my daughter for a walk to see if he's adding scrapes or just the rubs.  A great time of year to be in the woods.