IGNORED

Do you Snort Wheeze?

SPEARFISH

Snort-wheeze only as a last resort and I've never had a deer come in to it.  I've had them stop for it and look around, but then continue on the path they were following.  It's a challenge to another buck and most likely the buck won't answer the challenge unless he is a bruiser or just batshit crazy.  

Edited by not on the rug

yes. i have killed deer because i use it.

normally as an attention getter when i know i don't have a natural chance. i have turned them 180* and come right to me. 

it is seasonal for sure. 

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association

2 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

I have heard both snort-wheeze and been scared many times by the roar.  The roar is something crazy to experience. 

You don't hear either that often but the roar is a WTF moment...haha  I have only heard the roar twice in 40 years

Edited by bucky

I have heard it and used in often in Ohio. Killed a few deer by using it and have been a bit hesitant to get down at dark once because more than one buck was acting very aggressive in front of me because of a doe in the field. 

I never heard a buck "roar" until I began hunting Ohio. Hear it all the time there. Most are very loud and intimidating but one I heard once was downright scary. Sounded almost like a bad a$$ dirt bike going from zero to 100, through an amplifier.  I've used the Primos Buck Roar to kill a few deer out there and have grunted in countless ones, but never had a roar call work in NJ. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

All kidding aside,  the snort wheeze works under the right conditions, just like any other call. I have used it to call mature bucks into shooting distance. I recommend starting with a grunt call, then moving to a snort wheeze if necessary.  I killed deer using it with the hair standing up on their necks. Yes it works. 

"All men die, not all men really live". WW