IGNORED

Quick Florida Trip

Buck154

My wife and I decided to take a quick trip to Florida to see my Dad and brother and family.  We got round trip plane tickets for under $200 for the 2 of us so off we went. Was only there for 2 full days but got to spend some good time fishing with my Dad,brother and nephew. Just fishing the inter costal and having fun. The 4 of us fished Sunday afternoon and then just  my Dad and I fished Monday. First fish i catch is a fluke around 4 lbs. LOL. Can get them home any time.. we had a blast. Yesterday my dad and i played catch and release on a bunch of Jacks and Ladyfish on top water and the Ladyfish were on live mullet. Those Layfish are one of the fastest fish i ever caught, and crazy. They would jump 3-4 foot on one side of the boat and then jump 30 foot out the other side 3 seconds later. Ladyfish to  upto almost 5 lbs and the Jack to 9 lbs.

20180917_153916.jpg

20180917_150233.jpg

20180917_132533.jpg

20180917_161557.jpg

20180917_124318.jpg

20180917_094015_001.jpg

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Down there they look at  Those smaller jacks like we do sunnies.

I don't get it as they are a blast on light tackle. And many days save the day for having fish pulling on your line

Yeah they show up in Staint Augustine for about 2 months around now every year in numbers. They are on the mullet run. They would come busting on the mullet like the bluefish home. Love how hard they pull. Definitely out fight blues pound for pound. We caught plenty of fish for the table so thats why we played with them the 2nd day. As long as i have a bent rod and drag going out I'm happy.

9 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Outstanding!!  Nice Florida Flattie!!

They get some big ones. My dads has a couple 10 pounders and my brother biggest is just over 12 pounds.

But the legal size to keep is 12", which is crazy. There is just not the numbers there like we have in Jersey.

Edited by Buck154