IGNORED

Quick Fall season

hammer4reel

4 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

congrats Dan - amazing how you go from not feeling the bow hunting mood yet, to pulling your boat for the storm, to tagging out in a snap!  

Back to fishing I guess...   Great buck...  Looks mature 

BITTERSWEET in many ways.

Having to hunt all week to shoot my doe def got me into the hunting mood.
Hung a new stand yesterday afternoon to get in a better position to shoot the doe.

Knew if I got in early this morning I would have a crack at a decent buck.

This buck came in at first light, and I passed on him. The buck I wanted to take came in with him about a half hour later and wasn't as nice as he appeared on cam.

This buck was at least 40 pounds heavier and had a wider rack so I decided to take him.

The other buck looked huge on cam because he was so tiny bodied, that everything looked way bigger than  it was.

Was lucky enough to have them both together at 16 yards , it made an easy choice to take this buck.

Hopefully the other one makes it through the season as he will be a stud next year for sure.

Time to start checking my PA and Ohio spots out, fish a little and possibly get a coyote in a few weeks.

Had the pleasant surprise of FG showing up to check my harvests about 2 hours after I checked my buck in.

Warden was super polite, and told me they had to check harvests when deer were shot so close together.

Said they have been catching ALOT of guys not following the rules.

Showed him my donation slip to HHH for the doe and was good to go..

Asked him about the incidental shooting of coyotes during the early archery season, he said they were not fair game until the end of the month as it states in the compendium .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/