IGNORED

Vane testing.

Livesintrees

So I never stop testing different setups. I know most pick a vane. Go out and shoot em. Anyway each year I test multiple styles and combinations. Until it gets to cold to shoot. I’ll 3,4,and 6 fletch each once I know my final point weight. So while I’ve tested several this off-season, this particular combo on my specific setup yields phenomenal results. I still have a few more to play with but I can’t see anything outperforming these. Anyway shooting this setup inside of 40 yards groups don’t vary much. At 50,60,and 70 yards this is the difference. Same arrow. Same point weight. Same offset. Same everything. This grouping remained consistent over 5 days of testing. I know some on here are in the target world and know he importance of these tests. But for those that don’t. Here it is. 71 pound hunting setup. Top 3 are 3 fletched. Bottom threee are four fletched with a different vane  

CB72F56C-69C2-4944-B42A-C5D90C2A32B8.thumb.png.378eb9ed1fc7e03757db006e87309254.png

Edited by Livesintrees

Best shooting hunting vane I found was the Norway fusion with the ribs.

Shot crazy groups with them, BUT quickly stopped hunting with them as they whistled bad.

Besides good groups I want as quiet an arrow as possible to hunt with 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

The top vanes are flex fletch 310 shields. The bottom are AAE pro max vanes. I have some pro hunters and some max stealth from AAE to test after I try six fletching these little guys. Don’t need it I know but want to see if groups change and/or how much they will fall low as distance increases.