1957Buck

Florence Crying Wolf

All the warnings will fall on deaf ears if the National Weather Service Can not do a Better Job on predicting Hurricanes. Been watching for days with it will hit as a Cat-5   mother of all storms. 30 ft waves heading inland. Disaster services from many states and National Guard.  The boatmen from Texas and Louisiana even on site. So it went from a Cat 4- predicted to increase to a 5 went down to a 2 and hit as a Cat 1. Millions evacuated and many stayed.               As I now watch Live on TV It has made landfall The pictures show People On the Beaches and Boardwalks. and Yes some Flooding and power outages. They also showed an Awning blown off a store into the street. They are still saying the worst is yet to come hopefully NOT.  But if you Left your house now in a $200 a night Hotel watching all this would you be Pissed.  9,700 Troops on standby many Navy Ships on standby.  Those who were directly Hit and effected By Sandy and looking at this Might say NJ has worst Nor Easters. Again Hopefully it won't be as Predicted.    I guess you're dammed if you wrong and dammed if your right.  Best to be prepared than not.  My Point is the Trillions Spent on Predicting the weather one would think there would be a better job of it.  The old excuses they are unpredictable is somehow lost.   Now saying some 40 inches of rain will be the worst inland. 

• Agree 1

Did you see where there are hundreds of people being rescued from flooding.  20-30" of rain is no joke.  I think they were spot on with where it would make landfall just not as intense which is good.  Better to evacuate and have a house to come back to than stay and drown.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, SPEARFISH said:

Did you see where there are hundreds of people being rescued from flooding.  20-30" of rain is no joke.  I think they were spot on with where it would make landfall just not as intense which is good.  Better to evacuate and have a house to come back to than stay and drown.

Yes, no Joke yes spot on where it would hit dead wrong on the Intensity but it is not over predicted to go into Sunday.   Now saying Flooding will be the Worst Part.  

I think this one was handled very well.  Yes the media over-hypes coverage, it's all about ratings and that won't ever change. Same with snow storms.  But a lot of towns were shutting down power days early to get people to leave.   Just because the storm lost some steam as it got closer to land doesn't mean anyone messed up.  What could be better than preparing for a cat-4 or cat-5 and only getting a 1 or a 2?    

• Agree 3

They predicted a possible cat 5 because it was gaining stregnth and moving at 15-18 miles an hour. Once it slowed down to a crawl 4-5 miles an hour it lost intensity because the outer bands started getting beat up by land. But hey I am sure they want you for the next hurricane since you are so much better at it. Is there ever anything you don't complain about 1957?

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disturbing 1

Weather people have been fine keeping it forecasted.  It's the news media(non weather people who aren't there) that's doing all the crying and amping it up. 

3 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

All the warnings will fall on deaf ears if the National Weather Service Can not do a Better Job on predicting Hurricanes. Been watching for days with it will hit as a Cat-5   mother of all storms. 30 ft waves heading inland. Disaster services from many states and National Guard.  The boatmen from Texas and Louisiana even on site. So it went from a Cat 4- predicted to increase to a 5 went down to a 2 and hit as a Cat 1. Millions evacuated and many stayed.               As I now watch Live on TV It has made landfall The pictures show People On the Beaches and Boardwalks. and Yes some Flooding and power outages. They also showed an Awning blown off a store into the street. They are still saying the worst is yet to come hopefully NOT.  But if you Left your house now in a $200 a night Hotel watching all this would you be Pissed.  9,700 Troops on standby many Navy Ships on standby.  Those who were directly Hit and effected By Sandy and looking at this Might say NJ has worst Nor Easters. Again Hopefully it won't be as Predicted.    I guess you're dammed if you wrong and dammed if your right.  Best to be prepared than not.  My Point is the Trillions Spent on Predicting the weather one would think there would be a better job of it.  The old excuses they are unpredictable is somehow lost.   Now saying some 40 inches of rain will be the worst inland. 

Nor'easters don't bring 20-40" of rain. It's actually doing almost exactly what they said it would do.  It would hit the NC/SC coast with 80-100 mph winds and the worst part would be the flooding as it moved slowly across the region.  Just because you only saw one awning blown away doesn't mean that's an accurate account of what's gong on everywhere.  For instance, I just saw video of a house on the shore line where the water was halfway up it.  Trillions???  A bit of an overstatement there.  If you really think of all the variables with mother nature and you were honest with yourself, you'd come to the conclusion that they pretty much nailed this forecast as far back as a week ago.  That's pretty damn impressive!

• Agree 2

I think they did a good job. They told you it was coming. It came. What more do you want. 

If they tell you to get out , get out. At worst you will still be around to tell about it

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

41 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

I think they did a good job. They told you it was coming. It came. What more do you want. 

If they tell you to get out , get out. At worst you will still be around to tell about it

No argument there yes they said it was coming it came. but not the Cat 4 they said for landfall. Now said 4 dead 1 executed plugging in a generator.  Sad. 

No argument there yes they said it was coming it came. but not the Cat 4 they said for landfall. Now said 4 dead 1 executed plugging in a generator.  Sad. 

Its illegal to plug in a generator? Was the trial a fair one? Lethal injection or firing squad? Didn’t know you could be executed for that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Its illegal to plug in a generator? Was the trial a fair one? Lethal injection or firing squad? Didn’t know you could be executed for that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the Jet game he watched the forecast with one eye closed:-)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

1957 Post another Buck

• Like 1

looks like the flooding is already unreal,

Florence def didn't cry wolf, it just bit in a different way.

And she has been deadly 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1