Nighthawk

9/13 afternoon sit. New Youth Hunter

Freekin awesome!!!  Congrats to you both.   

Not a happy ending.  Had good blood but lost it in a swamp.  Back at it first thing in the morning. 

Hope for the best. Good luck. If you need a hand looking there is always a few to help. What area?

7 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Not a happy ending.  Had good blood but lost it in a swamp.  Back at it first thing in the morning. 

Where are you located?  

Best of luck, as stated post your location. Plenty of great guys on here always willing to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry you are very far I am sure some people down that way can help.  I hope you find it first thing in the morning.

Wish I wasn't working tomorrow I'd be lending a hand if needed.   

there are some good tracking dogs in that area, that would be glad to help

• Agree 1

Good advise!   Get a dog.  I was told the trail can be good for days.  There's a lady close to you in Mantua.  If ya need help I'm available tomorrow.

Edited by B B
  • Like 1

First let me say, cool picture's dad/mom.thanks for sharing.so the quest didn't pan out exactly as planned this time.Happend to me a few times,that's huntin.

• Agree 2

Spent the last two day looking for the deer with no luck.  At the end of the day it will be a lesson learned.  My daughter  missed her first  deer 6 years ago with the shotgun on youth day. She has successfully taken multiple deer every year since.  It was a tough learning experience but he was up at 5:15 this morning ready to go.  I appreciate all the positive comments. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Spent the last two day looking for the deer with no luck.  At the end of the day it will be a lesson learned.  My daughter  missed her first  deer 6 years ago with the shotgun on youth day. She has successfully taken multiple deer every year since.  It was a tough learning experience but he was up at 5:15 this morning ready to go.  I appreciate all the positive comments. 

It happens, you did everything that you could.  And like you said,  he learned some valuable lessons through this whole experience.  Get him back out there when he is ready.  :up: