JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Field care for taxidermy

Here's a video of how to properly skin your deer for the taxidermist for a standard shoulder mount.

https://www.mckenziesp.com/mobile/whitetail-deer-field-care-for-taxidermy.aspx?utm_source=enews&utm_campaign=mk-hidepaste-sep2018&utm_term=video&utm_medium=email&utm_nooverride=1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Thanks Jay is that the way you want them 

I always thought you would sock out the front leg. Some day I will bring you a buck. Just need to find him

• Like 1

Thanks Jay is that the way you want them 
 I always thought you would sock out the front leg. Some day I will bring you a buck. Just need to find him
Either way on the front legs.. doesnt matter at all. Just if you cut them make sure its on the back. Just follow the hair pattern

Thanks Jay what about cutting up the back of the neck to the rack .I would think that would be a lot harder for you but have seen that done before.

Thanks Jay what about cutting up the back of the neck to the rack .I would think that would be a lot harder for you but have seen that done before.
I dont reccomend it- It will add $ to the cost and do nothing for you..
Unless you are skinning a large animal on the ground, or your taxidermist prefers it that way , dont ;)