IGNORED

Venison Ribs

Roon

Who would have thought,  kids tore em up, should have spent another hour in oven but still a not bad dinner. 

Baked in the oven with dry rub and cola.

Then onto grill and cooked with some doctored up sauce.

Of cola, brown sugar, hot peppers and onions. 

20180912_171638.jpg

20180912_173812.jpg

20180912_174027.jpg

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

24 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

If done right that taste great and alot of people just though them out.

True,  I'm guilty of cutting the meat from them and making jerky for the dogs

9 hours ago, Trophy8 said:

Looks good!

Care to give the breakdown amounts for the mix? Or do you just wing it?

Pretty much winged it, started with jared bbq sauce,  1/2 can cola few tablespoons of brown sugar,  2 habaneros,  1 onion and pinch of salt. 

Cook on stove to reduce.

Ribs baked in tinfoil at 285 for 3 hours,  but 5 would have been better 

On my first ever deer I brought it to the butcher and they gave me back the ribs. I put them on the grill with sauce just like pork and beef and it was absolutely the worst thing I ever tasted in my life. Haven’t had deer ribs since then and that was 1992.

I keep seeing people using slower cookers and smokers to cook and low and slow then putting them on the grill to finish them off and I am intrigued. I think my next deer I am going to try it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

3 hours ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

On my first ever deer I brought it to the butcher and they gave me back the ribs. I put them on the grill with sauce just like pork and beef and it was absolutely the worst thing I ever tasted in my life. Haven’t had deer ribs since then and that was 1992.

I keep seeing people using slower cookers and smokers to cook and low and slow then putting them on the grill to finish them off and I am intrigued. I think my next deer I am going to try it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely true, disgusting.

But slow cooked in oven for hours then finished on grill, not 5star but enjoyable. 

No matter what you do its hard to get around venison fat. Even though flavor was great and if another 2 hours was spent in oven,  which would have made them fall off bone tender,  they were tasty fairly tender,  but still left a waxy feeling on your lips. (Insert joke there) lol