mazzgolf

this bear hasn't learned his lesson

Just a random picture I found on the internets

2 ear tags tells me he's been trapped/relocated at least twice - certainly at least once - but, apparently, this bear hasn't learned his lesson or he really, really likes what's cooking in the kitchen there.... :D 

2bear.jpg

• Like 4

He is thanking bucky beaver! The news was on with  murphy stopping bear hunt on state lands!

That's a Connecticut bear. I remember the pic from an article where the game commission up there is considering a hunt.  

We've had them come in the house a couple of times.  One was sitting like a dog in our open doorway watching my wife cook.  :rofl:

Edited by Rusty

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

We've had them come in the house a couple of times.  One was sitting in the open doorway like a dog watching her cook.  :rofl:

Was your dog still asleep in the chair?:rofl:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Was your dog still asleep in the chair?:rofl:

She was.  :rofl:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shakyjake said:

That's a Connecticut bear. I remember the pic from an article where the game commission up there is considering a hunt.  

My daughter is a freshman at school in CT and she got an alert on her phone yesterday that a bear was on campus and for everyone to remain inside.  She just laughed and walked to class because she has seen bears at least weekly her entire life and even hunted them with her crossbow.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'd run away like a little baby - I don't know how you people up north deal with those things :lol:

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

I'd run away like a little baby - I don't know how you people up north deal with those things :lol:

tenor.gif

It's the very first time you have one pop its teeth I think that gets you over your fears.  And if you don't, you're probably never going to want to see another one in your life.  :)

Rusty and I were on one of his cull hunts maybe 5 or 6 years ago when another one of his hunters shot a doe and was being challenged by a sow with two cubs.  She was bluff charging us, popping teeth and woofing and sometimes turning back to her cubs to make sure they climbed a tree to stay out of harm's way.  Rusty and I were running interference to make her stand down while the other guy gutted that doe in about 7 seconds flat. :rofl: 

That has become a very common thing for us here in the land of Taylor Ham.  TroutandBucks also had a special visit - three times on the same deer - that we were trying to gut and drag out of the woods.  I know it unnerved him at the time and I think he thought I was completely nuts challenging the sow that came in twice on us with 3 cubs and later a larger boar that walked right down the blood trail that I had to turn back and get to run off.  All while unarmed.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Rusty and I were on one of his cull hunts maybe 5 or 6 years ago when another one of his hunters shot a doe and was being challenged by a sow with two cubs.  She was bluff charging us, popping teeth and woofing and sometimes turning back to her cubs to make sure they climbed a tree to stay out of harm's way.  Rusty and I were running interference to make her stand down while the other guy gutted that doe in about 7 seconds flat. :rofl: 

Think how boring it would be to hunt where there were no bears.  :rofl:

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2018 at 7:32 PM, Mixbaghunter said:

It's a small bear to. Hope it's the governor home

i think gov smurfy deserves a bigger bear .....

back in the 80's an area in atlantic county had a pack of coyotes only 15 minutse from where i grew up until then never seen one and my cousin drug me over in that area bow hunting the place was known for big bucks and a lot of them i set up and settled in all was quiet never got a shot but seen several real nice 8 -10  points and some smaller ones  got down at dark and gathered my stuff and started out the longest 3 hundred yard walk i ever had 4-5 coyotes just circling me and howling  never sat in there again :rofl:  few weeks later he killed one and convinced me  ( beer ) to help drag again never again they would come twenty feet from us howling circling us.  coyotes are enough we had some bear here was seeing them steady but they ended up being killed off by hunters...

• Haha 1