IGNORED

this bear hasn't learned his lesson

mazzgolf

3 hours ago, Shakyjake said:

That's a Connecticut bear. I remember the pic from an article where the game commission up there is considering a hunt.  

My daughter is a freshman at school in CT and she got an alert on her phone yesterday that a bear was on campus and for everyone to remain inside.  She just laughed and walked to class because she has seen bears at least weekly her entire life and even hunted them with her crossbow.  :) 

14 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

I'd run away like a little baby - I don't know how you people up north deal with those things :lol:

tenor.gif

It's the very first time you have one pop its teeth I think that gets you over your fears.  And if you don't, you're probably never going to want to see another one in your life.  :)

Rusty and I were on one of his cull hunts maybe 5 or 6 years ago when another one of his hunters shot a doe and was being challenged by a sow with two cubs.  She was bluff charging us, popping teeth and woofing and sometimes turning back to her cubs to make sure they climbed a tree to stay out of harm's way.  Rusty and I were running interference to make her stand down while the other guy gutted that doe in about 7 seconds flat. :rofl: 

That has become a very common thing for us here in the land of Taylor Ham.  TroutandBucks also had a special visit - three times on the same deer - that we were trying to gut and drag out of the woods.  I know it unnerved him at the time and I think he thought I was completely nuts challenging the sow that came in twice on us with 3 cubs and later a larger boar that walked right down the blood trail that I had to turn back and get to run off.  All while unarmed.   

3 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Rusty and I were on one of his cull hunts maybe 5 or 6 years ago when another one of his hunters shot a doe and was being challenged by a sow with two cubs.  She was bluff charging us, popping teeth and woofing and sometimes turning back to her cubs to make sure they climbed a tree to stay out of harm's way.  Rusty and I were running interference to make her stand down while the other guy gutted that doe in about 7 seconds flat. :rofl: 

Think how boring it would be to hunt where there were no bears.  :rofl: