IGNORED

Baiting

MZ7Extreme

I know it's legal and I am just venting my frustrations. Not meant to start anything. So I sat for the first time yesterday and on my way to my stand I checked 2 trail cameras and what do I see? Yep a Congo line of people with corn. I watched one guy carry in 4 bags just a few days ago. I get its earn a buck but isn't 200lbs of corn in one shot a little ridiculous? Then on my other camera I had 3 different guys with corn come in on Friday.

I am new to hunting my 5th season, but I haven't needed to bait to kill a doe. So how am I killing deer and these guys need to bait to kill a deer. Is it laziness?

They severely messed up the natural deer movement and it's just frustrating. Yeah I know public land but I hope they do away with baiting on it.

Edited by MZ7Extreme

19 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

I know it's legal and I am just venting my frustrations. Not meant to start anything. So I sat for the first time yesterday and on my way to my stand I checked 2 trail cameras and what do I see? Yep a Congo line of people with corn. I watched one guy carry in 4 bags just a few days ago. I get its earn a buck but isn't 200lbs of corn in one shot a little ridiculous? Then on my other camera I had 3 different guys with corn come in on Friday.

I am new to hunting my 5th season, but I haven't needed to bait to kill a doe. So how am I killing deer and these guys need to bait to kill a deer. Is it laziness?

They severely messed up the natural deer movement and it's just frustrating. Yeah I know public land but I hope they do away with baiting on it.

If your cameras are catching all these people. My suggestion would be move. Far away. 

4 bags of corn is ridiculous.  3 bags and one sweet feed would be better.

I'm in the same sinking boat as you.  Had a guy put up a stand and dump bait next to my natural blind last year, so I moved 200yds back down the ridge where they were coming from, and feeding on acorns the year before.  Saw next to nothing.  They were all coming straight up the ridge to his bait or from the other direction.  To stick the knife in deeper, he had followed my tracks in the snow to my blind.  That's public land for ya.   Have to stay mobile and go in deeper than they care to carry bait.  It's not illegal, so it is what it is.

Why not just HUNT. the natural way. With all the opinions about what to shoot and not to shoot when to shoot in Nj.  The professed conservationist sure doesn't show it.  One would think with all the Days, Methods in NJ that would be enough.  The days of just hunting One on One is dead. And the blame goes on ?????????????????????????????? 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

6 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Why not just HUNT. the natural way.

1 hour ago, MZ7Extreme said:

He does hunt the "natural way" as you call it.  And we call it "reading comprehension" as in something you need to pay more attention to.  :)