IGNORED

Question on hunter safety classes

lefteye

License Fees

A license is required to hunt or trap in New Jersey and a person must be a minimum of 10 years of age to have one issued (see Farmer Exceptions). A completed hunter education course or possession of a resident license from another state is required to obtain a NJ license. Licenses and stamps can be purchased at license agents located throughout the state, or online.

As i understand it.. You would first have to have a PA license before you can get one in Nj... So just simply taking a saftey course in PA and then applying for a license here wouldnt cut it... :cupcoffee:

Strike that... :doh2: .. looks like all you need is the Hunters ed course... :bulb: ..But then on the other hand, maybe not...

Edited by Axiom

:D

I'm pretty sure every state is reciprocal. Either you must have a prior license from another state OR a hunter education card in order to buy a license. That brings up a great point though, with the struggle to get into classes here in NJ (based on what I read from another member a few weeks back), that sounds like a great idea to just hop the border and get in a class in PA (or NY/DE/MD) to get your hunter education and then buy your license here. I'm just not sure if you must be a resident of that state to take the hunter education there? Tom, I know you're in PA, so a non-issue but can an NJ resident go to PA to take the class?

I want him to hunt PA, so he will need a PA non resident junior license. He needs the class to get a license. I am certain he can do that

Once he gets a license here NJ should honor it.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt