Njhunter77

Ohio archery opener need advise

8 hours ago, Njhunter77 said:

Far as what to pack what to watch out for how crowded it may be etc etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring everything you need here plus anything else if you have a problems with equipment that you can fix. Bring a target to check your bow. Extra bow if available in case any major problems. Boot dryer definitely. Extra camo and wet weather gear. As far as crowds I don't think it will be bad for the opening week. It does get crowded for the gun season and the rut. Are you hunting state land? 

Bring everything you need here plus anything else if you have a problems with equipment that you can fix. Bring a target to check your bow. Extra bow if available in case any major problems. Boot dryer definitely. Extra camo and wet weather gear. As far as crowds I don't think it will be bad for the opening week. It does get crowded for the gun season and the rut. Are you hunting state land? 

Yes state land

1 minute ago, Njhunter77 said:

Yes state land

Good luck and don't feel bad to knock on a few doors to ask to hunt. I bow hunted out there a couple times and we only hunted on property got through talking to people. Eat at local dinners/cafes and start talking to people. Best way to meet people. I killed a nice P&Y 10pt the one year and have seen some others. Less deer but some good ones.

• Like 1

Good luck and don't feel bad to knock on a few doors to ask to hunt. I bow hunted out there a couple times and we only hunted on property got through talking to people. Eat at local dinners/cafes and start talking to people. Best way to meet people. I killed a nice P&Y 10pt the one year and have seen some others. Less deer but some good ones.

Nice thanks

On 9/12/2018 at 8:16 PM, _X7 said:

Seriously, its not like every other buck is a giant.

Agreed, my point was not that "every other buck is a giant".   It was that based on the amount of bucks harvested in the 170" and up range, a hunters odds of killing a buck in the 140-150" range are much higher than in most every other state including NJ.   Not every buck is a giant but there are a lot more of them in OH than in NJ was my point thus the odds of killing one are higher. 

• Like 2

My advice,you should of gone out there already to check it out................ Good Luck!

Edited by toxo

My advice,you should of gone out there already to check it out................ Good Luck!

Yeah I’m a last minute guy but I am going a day before to semi scout