IGNORED

Ohio archery opener need advise

Njhunter77

13 hours ago, _X7 said:

Not all of Ohio is created equal. The same could be said for many "big buck" states

Well if you go to the site of Buckeye Big Buck Club the first 19 typical entries are all above 188 BC and only one county appears 2x so apparently giant bucks are produced in every corner of the state, unlike NJ.Ā  Ā  The evidence proves almost any region of Ohio is capable of producing a giant based on prior harvests.Ā 

Ā Ā Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Well if you go to the site of Buckeye Big Buck Club the first 19 typical entries are all above 188 BC and only one county appears 2x so apparently giant bucks are produced in every corner of the state, unlike NJ.Ā  Ā  The evidence proves almost any region of Ohio is capable of producing a giant based on prior harvests.Ā 

Ā Ā Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Seriously, its not like every other buck is a giant.

6 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

? Not understanding >>>>>Seriously, its not like every other buck is a giant.Ā  Ā Can you elaborate?

Elaborate? Big bucks are where you find them even in NJ. Sure Ohio is capable to produce big bucks just like the rest but the odds of killing one in every part of the state are pretty long. They can't all be big ones.

What in the actual fack are you sayingĀ 

Hahaha I was typing when I shouldnā€™t of been so it came out all wrong. What Iā€™m trying to say is Iā€™m hunting for the first time out of state I do not care about getting a giant buck I was looking for advice from people that have done it. Far as what to pack what to watch out for how crowded it may be etc etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Njhunter77 said:

Ā Far as what to pack what to watch out for how crowded it may be etc etc etc

Bring everything you need here plus anything else if you have a problems with equipment that you can fix. Bring a target to check your bow. Extra bow if available in case any major problems. Boot dryer definitely. Extra camo and wet weather gear. As far as crowds I don't think it will be bad for the opening week. It does get crowded for the gun season and the rut. Are you hunting state land?Ā 

Bring everything you need here plus anything else if you have a problems with equipment that you can fix. Bring a target to check your bow. Extra bow if available in case any major problems. Boot dryer definitely. Extra camo and wet weather gear. As far as crowds I don't think it will be bad for the opening week. It does get crowded for the gun season and the rut. Are you hunting state land?Ā 

Yes state land

1 minute ago, Njhunter77 said:

Yes state land

Good luck and don't feel bad to knock on a few doors to ask to hunt. I bow hunted out there a couple times and we only hunted on property got throughĀ talking to people. Eat at local dinners/cafes and start talking to people. Best way to meet people. I killed a nice P&Y 10pt the one year and have seen some others. Less deer but some good ones.

Good luck and don't feel bad to knock on a few doors to ask to hunt. I bow hunted out there a couple times and we only hunted on property got throughĀ talking to people. Eat at local dinners/cafes and start talking to people. Best way to meet people. I killed a nice P&Y 10pt the one year and have seen some others. Less deer but some good ones.

Nice thanks