IGNORED

8/28/18 - Hackettstown State Fish Hatchery 2018 Broodstock Collection

Much rather see more effort towards expanding the state's largemouth and s smallmouth bass fisheries. Last I checked there is very little economy increased by pike or musky fishermen, hence no million dollar economy generating national organizations called Pikemasters or Muskiemasters.......but Ray Scott's 50 year anniversary of Bassmasters is strong as ever and sells alot more licenses and gear. By this time of year, most Dicks stores are bout sold out of Senkos, and people ain't buying Senkos for pike or musky fishin....this ain't Minnesota or Michigan. Get with the times.....bass fishin is where it's at And is hot if u wanna sell licenses.  

You can blame that on a fisheries manager who thought that stocking as many Walley and Muskie in a few lakes Like Greenwood for instance for his and his friends pleasure was a great idea and that totally screwed the LMB because after the LMB virus they never recuperated even after stocking 4000 LMB. That guys is an acehole, and screwed up a few lakes because he wanted to.

6 hours ago, MZ7Extreme said:

You can blame that on a fisheries manager who thought that stocking as many Walley and Muskie in a few lakes Like Greenwood for instance for his and his friends pleasure was a great idea and that totally screwed the LMB because after the LMB virus they never recuperated even after stocking 4000 LMB. That guys is an acehole, and screwed up a few lakes because he wanted to.

Hmmmm....is that so??!!  Certainly believable!!  I wonder who the esteemed biologist was??

4 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Hmmmm....is that so??!!  Certainly believable!!  I wonder who the esteemed biologist was??

Is that Is or Was :rolleyes: Must remember IMO NJ is a Put and take Fishery as far as Fresh Water goes also a Joke.                 Someone's Trophy Fishing is some else Trash Fishing.  At least LG - SM Bass survive and Prosper in Many NJ impoundments big or small. Experimenting with Gamefish and others have had some success and Guaranteed failures as Many Sports Fisherman have expressed their concerns at little-attended Meetings.  Be their concerns are Seflish self-serving. Many Clubs and Associations at times have a better handle on the effects of Stocking certain species.  Once they make a mistake and stock a Predator fish that eliminates another fish it is too Late.  Enter Rond valley - Spruce run - Manasquan Resivor to name a few lakes NJ Biologists have FU.  Right now warm water fish for Bass and Panfish have the attention from Boaters to Bucket Sitters. Only the Very few Savy Trout'ers are on overheated - Overfished -low waters. The Mass Opening day Crowds are Saltwater fishing.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Welcome to the mess that is our nation's freshwater fisheries.  We have been mismanaging them for well over 100 years now. :banghead:

What most NJ anglers don't know is how manys species they fish for today that were not in any way native to NJ waters before man started moving fish all over the continent (now world) without understanding the full impacts of those decisions.  Just to name a few freshwater fish that are not native to NJ: large and smallmouth bass, bluegill sunfish, pike, walleyes, rainbow, lake and brown trout, muskies, channel cats, landlocked Atlantic salmon, just to name a few.  Every time we introduce one of those into NJ waters, we mess with whatever is left of our natives as well as whatever is left of our introduced species like the ever popular largemouth bass.  I think that more recently, that is a lesson the Division is finally learning.  At least when it comes to adding new species to new waters.  But pretty much all our fresh waters - warm and cold - have several introduced species in them that now reproduce.  So we're left with the mess, and sometimes the fix isn't realistic.  Lakers in Round Valley, for example.  One of many problems we created for our fisheries.     

That did not take long always know when your button is pushed your Spelling and Grammer Suffer.  You mentioned 3rd grade:hmmmer: on my post. Also glad you agree on all the Failures and Problems NJDFAG have Created, Fix not realistic???? one fix is to hire some people not appointed cronies.  You think more recently, that is " lesson" "Your words"   and many others in your post.                   And who is the WE created for the fisheries the Division is finally learning? You Mentioned over 100 Years of mismanaging now.  Not a bad record any other managers would have been fired the first year.  So in your Opinion when will they get it Right.  Once again I understand you protecting your position. I would too. But I can only remember the Failures the Millions wasted over some 67 years I have Fished and Hunted in NJ. As it got more Political the more it Failed.     While the Surrounding States do a Better job Nj just ignores them for the MOST PART.  Want to talk Lead- Arsenic- Methane - Nitrogen -Sewerage Sewers called Rivers & Streams.   Fish consumption warning.  It is NJ accept it. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif