IGNORED

Murphy isn't done yet

birdshotnj

Just now, ithaca10 said:

None to blame except us hunters. we didn't get out to vote against this guy for governor. Only 35% of registered voters  came out to vote. Just wondering what percentage of hunters came out to vote against this guy.

I dont know, but I do know plenty of hunters who voted FOR him. Yup, they said well he may be anti gun and anti hunting but he supports education. If ever I wanted to bitch slap a group of people it was that day 

16 minutes ago, birdshotnj said:

I dont know, but I do know plenty of hunters who voted FOR him. Yup, they said well he may be anti gun and anti hunting but he supports education. If ever I wanted to bitch slap a group of people it was that day 

Do you REALLY vote for a candidate only because he or she is pro Hunting?  No other considerations of their views on other issues :confused:

Edited by Dinger

He couldn't care less about science. He just panders to his base. 

The final paragraph of the official Office of the Governor's press lease was Jeff Tittel 's comment.  :banghead:   …...

Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order to Close State Lands to 2018 Bear Hunt

TRENTON – Governor Phil Murphy today signed an Executive Order directing the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to close all public lands under the Department’s jurisdiction to bear hunting for the 2018 season. This includes all State forests, State parks, State recreation areas, State historic sites, State Wildlife Management Areas and State natural areas.

“Today, I am fulfilling my commitment to stop the bear hunt to the greatest extent of my authority by ordering the Department of Environmental Protection to prevent bear hunting on all public lands under the DEP’s jurisdiction during the 2018 season,” said Governor Phil Murphy. “I am also calling on the Legislature to take action on this critical issue. My first concern has always been public safety and before we authorize another hunt, we should review all non-lethal options.”

Prior to this action, Governor Murphy directed the Department of Environmental Protection to review the available science and consult with the New Jersey Fish and Game Council to determine if the state should pursue changes to the regulations authorizing the bear hunt. The implementation of this executive order represents the fullest extent of the Governor’s legal power to unilaterally limit the bear hunt.

The New Jersey Fish and Game Council authorized bear hunts through 2021 under its regulatory authority.

The Council is independent from the Office of the Governor and the Department of Environmental Protection and is primarily composed of sportsmen and farmers. The Council has the sole authority to authorize a bear hunting season in New Jersey. Pursuant to a New Jersey Supreme Court decision in 2005 and other related court decisions, if the Council recommends a bear hunt and properly adopts regulations implementing a hunt, the Governor does not have the ability to unilaterally cancel it. In order for the hunt to be stopped, either the Legislature must act or the Council must adopt new regulations that do not include provisions for the hunt. The Council has authorized and held a bear hunt for the past eight years.

“Governor Murphy’s actions today will stop the bear hunt on state-owned lands. This is the first real step we’ve had in a long time to limit the unnecessary bear hunt. The Christie Administration was more concerned with how many bears were killed than having a real management plan. We believe that today’s action by the Governor is an important step in the right direction and will reduce the number of bear mortalities. We still need a full moratorium on the bear hunt this year and in future years. Just as important, we need a real bear management program that deals with education, garbage, protecting habitats and other facets of bear interactions,” said Jeff Tittel, Director of the New Jersey Sierra Club. “We hope this is the beginning of the process to reform the Division of Fish and Wildlife and pass legislation to educate the public on bears and bring wildlife management into the 21st century. We will continue to work towards a complete ban on bear hunting in New Jersey.”

16 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

None to blame except us hunters. we didn't get out to vote against this guy for governor. Only 35% of registered voters  came out to vote. Just wondering what percentage of hunters came out to vote against this guy.

You nailed it; voter apathy and gun owners and sportsmen and women who voted for him.  

You do realize that his goal is to eliminate all hunting in this state.  Folks, two things are on the liberal playbook:

1. Disarm the population and seize all guns
  2. End all hunting and fishing

Mr. Burns is intent on achieving both of these things in NJ.  We as a community in NJ need to do a few things:

1. Unite - set aside all of the bullshit arguments we've been having and stand firm that we will NOT allow Mr. Burns to take our heritage away from us.  You either support hunting and fishing with us, or you are part of the problem.  Period.
  2. Get Loud - send emails as often as possible to all NJ legislators.  Write the newspapers (do they still exist).  Comment on articles.  And engage the greater NJ community in a conversation about Conservation and how valuable it is to a healthy ecosystem.  Tell people not to reject science, and demonstrate to them that Mr. Burns is rejecting "settled science" that the NJ Supreme Court mandated years ago.  Remind them of all of the other significant problems in NJ that have only gotten worse (how's your NJ pension doing) under his administration.
  3. Get out there - Show up at public hearings and make your voice heard.  Be a respectful messenger and don't bite when the left baits you.  You control the conversation, not them.

Mr. Burns is a clear and present danger.  Let's treat him like one.

nj_loon_flask.thumb.jpg.3b6fb4f66bc7d985ab03a9bc7c742623.jpg

I think I need to update my CafePress site and add more anti-Loon gear up there.  Trying to raise enough money to leave NJ!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, toxo said:

Do you REALLY vote for a candidate only because he or she is pro Hunting?  No other considerations of their views on other issues :confused:

In short, I dont vote for liberals, PERIOD. And as far as the jackass hunters that told me they voted for him because of his stance on education, please tell me what he has done or plans to do for education..enlighten me, because so far all he wants to do is tax ME more and take away funding from my schools and throw more money at the inner city $HITHOLE schools.