IGNORED

must be crazy but heading to Florida in this heat

buckhound

Took a number of trips there, but not in summer.  Always to go in summer. I wanted to try it to avoid some crowds.  Late August is supposed to be a good time to go.  Be busy in early morning and late in the day.  May be a good trade for a fall hunt getaway.

I just got back from Universal studios last week with the kids. It was 90+ every day but with the afternoon daily rain it would be bring a cool breeze before and cool the afternoon down. It wasn't bad at all but be ready for the 3-4:00 down pour. Only lasts an hour or so. 

We'd stay at the park till the clouds started to build and the winds started. We'd leave and get dinner in downtown Disney now Disney Springs. So while it rained we ate. Try the boat house and Murimotto in downtown. Awesome food. But $$$$. We used to like Ragglin Road irish place but the food has slipped. When the  rain stopped we'd go back to the parks till it closed and watched fireworks. 

If your looking to rest forget about it. But its for the kids so that's why you there. Been there 5 yrs straight. I'm done. Need a new place

Edited by Booner

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

Been down there in July before with the kids.  We always went to the parks right at opening time until lunch time and then back to the camper,(Fort Wilderness Campground), and pool for the rest of the day.  If you are staying in Disney you can take advantage of some of the parks opening an hour early on certain days.   We love it there, but I would not be caught in those parks in the afternoon and evening, they are packed.   Have fun.

1 hour ago, buckhound said:

It’s 95 in wdw today :-( . Left at 4:30 am Monday and arrived at 9:30 pm Monday  drove straight through minus a couple pit stops . As we left wilderness lodge a Doe was eating out by the entrance about 3:30 this afternoon ...

If you are at the Wilderness Lodge, go for a walk or rent a bike and go down the bike/walking trail that goes over to Ft. Wilderness Campground.  If you go in the evening you may see a lot of deer.  We did.

Edited by Nomad