IGNORED

Get your Thermacell ready !

Russ 11

I got my food plots in yesterday. Head to to toe sprayed down. Long pants, long sleeves, leather gloves. Still got eaten through my clothing. I shoot every day. Even with the thermacell cranking, I get a couple bites. All this rain has made it unbearable. I may sit September out this year or I may just get drained of blood and hunt. 

Went out this morning and they where bad.  Recieved a letter from Atlantic county, department of human resources saying that a recent mosquito sample site in my neighborhood tested positive for west Nile virus. Went on to say, it is important to know that the risk of human exposure is relatively low. However residents are encouraged to minimize their exposure to west Nile virus by following the guidelines outlined in the attached brochure. Scary stuff, immediately done a sweep of house to make sure there was no standing water after the heavy rain 

I thank the good Lord that I hunt on top of what passes for a mountain here in NJ where standing water and mosquitoes aren’t a problem. The rains we’ve gotten will certainly make them worse this year until the first hard frost hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk