formakos

Gamo air rifles

I have a Gamo BigCat .177 cal air rifle that I can not get to shoot accurately.  I have put 4 different scopes on it the last of which is a Hammers air rifle scope.  It will not shoot a decent group.  At 20 yds a 3-4 inch group is the best it will do.  Anyone else have similar problems with a Gamo??

I have extensive air gun experience . I cannot shoot break barrel springers to save my life! Every gun requires a different hold. I switched to PCP and never looked back

I have a gamo it sucks.

i get a few accurate shots and then it’s off again.

if pcp wasn’t so much money I’d buy one I’ll just use my 22lr 

My break barrel gamo I've had for the past 20 plus years and I love it. I may just be used to it though because it's the only pellet gun I ever owned. Sent a lot of garden critters to meet their maker 

• Agree 1

You have to use the artillery hold look on the pyramid air site there used to be a video on the hold basically you cant hold tight on the forearm you have to let the rifle recoil naturally if you hold the forearm with and open hand so that it sit on your hand like it's sitting on a rest it might tighten up your groups quite a bit I shot thousands of rounds out of a Big Cat 177 and 22 they are extremely  accurate inside 40 yds

• Like 1

Like was said, it's the hold. When you pull the trigger,  the piston is released.  It's impossible to hold the rifle steady consistenty again that force.