Bones

Getting the dog ready for the season

Took my GSP out the other day time to start getting ready for the season, he needs to loose a few pounds. I had him on a few birds he never missed a beat from last year. Hopefully we get some cooler mornings so we can do more conditioning. I love seeing him work, he’s much more happier when he gets to point at birds. 

My new puppy comes home in a week or two very excited hopefully she follows sawyers footsteps and becomes as good as he is. Good times ahead!

68A127C4-1616-4580-8419-D05E178465F0.jpeg

ADC9C44F-C1CD-4CC1-9A89-0FC0891DD332.jpeg

F8DCBF46-AA1C-40D5-895B-4B2C449B13FA.jpeg

85339588-8475-4448-AF37-922CCCE26E3E.jpeg

• Like 9

Great looking dogs! I love field dogs.

Summer time pounds. We struggle with the summer heat and hang out following the grand kid looking for dropped food. 

• Like 1

good luck with your training and especially the new pup.  When I had my GSP I had trained him to run on the treadmill so rainy days or when it was too hot he still got to run. (If I didn't run him every day he would chew the rug or his  bed and be destructive , other than that he was a great dog and super smart. )  Again good luck 

• Like 1

Bones, that is one beautiful looking pup. WOW.  How is Sawyer coming along?

Except for the past few weeks I have had my GSP out at least 3 mornings every week for her exercise, and we get out for about ½ hour each evening playing ball.  But these past 2 weeks the heat and the humidity have been brutal and its not good out there even in the early morning. Its cool but there is no oxygen for her and she stresses easily.  I bought a new collar for her back in March because of some things I didn't like about the old one. This new setup lets me control her, shows me where she is and how far I have traveled and how far she has traveled. Basically for every mile I walk she goes 3 ½ to 4 miles.

• Like 1

Great pics, good luck with the pup. As others have said this heat and humidity has sucked and the rain has the rivers up to high to let my dog cool off. Cant wait for September to bring some milder weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

Bones, that is one beautiful looking pup. WOW.  How is Sawyer coming along?

Except for the past few weeks I have had my GSP out at least 3 mornings every week for her exercise, and we get out for about ½ hour each evening playing ball.  But these past 2 weeks the heat and the humidity have been brutal and its not good out there even in the early morning. Its cool but there is no oxygen for her and she stresses easily.  I bought a new collar for her back in March because of some things I didn't like about the old one. This new setup lets me control her, shows me where she is and how far I have traveled and how far she has traveled. Basically for every mile I walk she goes 3 ½ to 4 miles.

He’s doing much better finally found a medication that works, they’re cutting his steroid down now and over the next month or two he should be off it He will only have to take a immune suppressant. Knock on wood things are looking good for him. Thanks for asking 

We need to get together one day, you, Kevin, me and of course the dogs !

• Like 1

Also had my pup out on birds,doing well,steady on point,can’t wait for cooler weather!

80AAF2E9-948B-4FD4-9406-FDB738DA49BA.jpeg

FFFBA54C-AE55-4D81-AC9B-0E84D8039A21.jpeg

272F94D0-E3C9-4B14-9D6F-A9070B726DD0.jpeg

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Bones said:

He’s doing much better finally found a medication that works, they’re cutting his steroid down now and over the next month or two he should be off it He will only have to take a immune suppressant. Knock on wood things are looking good for him. Thanks for asking 

Glad to hear Sawyer is doing well,hate when a good hunting buddy is under the weather! Good luck with new pup !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RPK0620 said:

We need to get together one day, you, Kevin, me and of course the dogs !

Yeah definitely 

Good looking dog and adorable pup Bones.  Best of luck with the new puppy.  

• Like 1

Been taking the dog for a mile walk every day. Hoping to get him out in September on State land when it cools down and the bugs settle down. 

• Like 1

Great pictures! Im still training my gsp but with the heat its been unbearable. For now, I take her to the dog park early just to let her go nuts before it is to much to handle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had my Springers out for some work. There is an area in Pa. that still  has a few wild birds and it is surrounded by two nice streams for them to cool off !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1