Buck154

Hot Weather Fluking

Took my uncle out today for a few hours till the heat and no drift sent us home. Hate no wind and hot days for fluking.  We as slow but still managed 3 keepers in the 79.8 degree water in side the RB.

Big fish came on my 4' UL Mico Lite rod and 5 lb braid.  Just over 23". 

20180810_145607.jpg

20180810_102158.jpg

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

Aftwr cleaning them at my house i took the racks into the woods where i get rid of the ones from a month ago. Heres a good picture to show the true teeth on fluke :eek:. Make sure no one lips one like a bass on the WW trip

20180810_164713.jpg

Edited by Buck154
  • Like 8

Nice!  Me and a buddy took the trip up there for a first time learning trip.  Conditions sucked, but we managed two keepers and a million sea robins. LOL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, B B said:

Nice!  Me and a buddy took the trip up there for a first time learning trip.  Conditions sucked, but we managed two keepers and a million sea robins. LOL

We had a few sea robins and about 20 damn dogfish. Those doggies are a pain in the a$$

Nice fish John. I'm heading out tomorrow,we'll see if the weather holds up.

• Like 2

Nice John! Those choppers are crazy, like a mini shark :shock:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Aftwr cleaning them at my house i took the racks into the woods where i get rid of the ones from a month ago. Heres a good picture to show the true teeth on fluke :eek:. Make sure no one lips one like a bass on the WW trip

My friend Josh lips them lmao. His thumb is  bloody mess, but he is not all there sometimes! :rofl:

• Like 1

great job in those conditions John - that's definitely better pool weather!   Nice warm-up before the W&W trip!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

great job in those conditions John - that's definitely better pool weather!   Nice warm-up before the W&W trip!

Not really a warm up, totally different kind of fishing in the ocean. That trip going to be my first ocean turn the year probably.

8 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Not really a warm up, totally different kind of fishing in the ocean. That trip going to be my first ocean turn the year probably.

I know a guy who seems to have the ocean stuff figgered out.... 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JHbowhunter said:

I know a guy who seems to have the ocean stuff figgered out.... 

Yeah I'm waiting for a invite to go with him too.

Yeah this is the first year I have had a chance to fish the ocean yet. The guy I fish most of my life with hasn't fished much and now has a broken arm that kills the rest of the year for him. The other guy that makes the Jigs is getting old and his health hasn't been good so he only gets out once in a while and not tournament fishing this year. 

It's come down to I have to get a bigger boat for myself. I have been looking. 

• Like 1