IGNORED

For all you DICK'S lovers

bucky

There are options, as we all know our  mom and pop shops are going away,so its time to support our locals!!!  I replenish my tackle box on a weekly basis from a fairly new  Bait and Tackle  shop in Whitehouse called The Sporting Life that is well stocked for fluke fishing,stripers,etc...,carrying a great selection of bucktails,gulp, rigs for the bait boys and plenty of freshwater tackle as well. So stop in and give it a look, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by Rusty

Been using the sporting life also, great guy. He was about to close and i gave him a call, explained my son just got out of work and we wanted to hit spruce run. He waited 20 minutes for us so we could get herring. Thats why you support these guys, they give a shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

20 minutes ago, bucky said:

oops, forgot the S, MY BAD

After reading the title of your post, I thought you are a funny boy; not that there’s anything wrong with that- LOL.  Seriously, good post.  I haven’t bought anything from Dick’s Sporting Goods in a while.  I’m also giving up on Amazon to make more of an effort to support local shops like Simon Peter.  Good reminder. 

I go to Tanners, Bob & AJ's, Classic Pistol, whenever I can.

Only time I shop Cabela's or Bass Pro is when I need boots or clothes.. also visit bigcamo

DICKS SUCKS!!! How anyone calling themselves a hunter or second amendment supporter makes and purchase there letting their dollar speak at Dicks is a liar and traitor!

DICKS'S SUCKS!

OH and didn't dicks hire a lobbyist that is anti? :o

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

20 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

OH and didn't dicks hire a lobbyist that is anti? :o

Yup. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-03/dick-s-sporting-goods-ramps-up-gun-control-push-hires-lobbyist

I no longer shop there for anything - I won't even buy a pair of socks from them anymore.

I urge everyone interested in keeping their 2A rights to completely boycott Dick's. Pay the extra dollar or two to your local mom-n-pop shops instead. That's what I do now.

I am all for Supporting Small Businesses as they say the Foundations of Retail.  BUT as I think many would agree on the Tackle Shops along the jersey shore are not your Mom & Pop Shops.   An example with the 8 or so along Rt 35 Rt 36 to Seabright there is maybe 2 that thank you for the business and willing to give advice and Honest reports.  One would think with the Higher prices they would be better for Customers. I fish the Bayshore beaches and Front to Ocean Grove. whenever a conversation starts on bait shops the topic turns to how they Suck. as 2 stand out big time. Most only buy Bait. maybe Hook- Sinker a Rig if caught short. I gave up even getting my Bait at them and get it in The Asian Market and at 1/2 the prices.  THere is One I would never go to on RT 36 High Priced AHs how to act like they are doing you a favor when you stop there. Father had it and the Son is no better. He depends on people from across the RB Bridges. Clueless.  For you Guys Hunt Shoot Gun Bow Rifle you name it they have it. Dave Worth is one of the Owners you may know from the Sportsman. 

Bonanza 2018.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif