IGNORED

And this is why we have a hunting season ...

2 hours ago, mfried said:

i seem to remember someone having an absolute, balls to the wall mental breakdown when their personal vanity plates were once posted on a forum.

It’s one thing for me to post it, entirely different for someone else to do it. Besides, I’m older now and could care less, lol

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

24 minutes ago, BHC said:

about $2200 worth of damage

I wil find out soon enough ...

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

11 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Damn, sorry to hear.  Glad you’re ok.  I hit a deer last week, cracked my bumper and knocked out turn signal bulb.  Not worth the deductible to fix in my case.  I just replaced the broken bulb myself.  Good luck with your repairs!

The insurance company told me that I would not have to get an estimate if I took it to one of their approved repair shops, so next Thursday, the shop is picking up my truck and doing the repair work. 

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

9 hours ago, Kilbo said:

Yep I know how you feel. I've done it twice!!!

Sorry about that . . . 40 years driving and I've only had one minor accident, backed into another vehicle as I was pulling out of a parking space.  This is my first deer hit . . .

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

I just bought a new truck as well. every morning I almost hit a deer driving to work. Im going to camp out world near jugtown mountain this weekend to look at brush guards. I just want something where the guard will take most of the impact if I were to hit a deer. 

When I hit my first one the insurance adjuster said he was only going to take pictures of the damage on my front fender but will estimate it to cover all repairs. I center punched an 8 pointer with the front of my truck. When I questioned him on why, he said if I hit the deer it was my fault and it wouldn’t be covered. If the deer hit the side of my truck then it was the deer’s fault and was covered. Gotta love insurance companies! 🤬 Worst part was after the deer got his senses back he jumped up and ran away. I never found him. Only thing I got was a piece of antler that broke off when it stuck into my radiator causing a giant hole. 

Aim Small Miss Small..........No such thing as a bad day spent hunting.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:20 AM, Kilbo said:

When I hit my first one the insurance adjuster said he was only going to take pictures of the damage on my front fender but will estimate it to cover all repairs. I center punched an 8 pointer with the front of my truck. When I questioned him on why, he said if I hit the deer it was my fault and it wouldn’t be covered. If the deer hit the side of my truck then it was the deer’s fault and was covered. Gotta love insurance companies! 🤬 Worst part was after the deer got his senses back he jumped up and ran away. I never found him. Only thing I got was a piece of antler that broke off when it stuck into my radiator causing a giant hole. 

Good that he worked with you.  I have collision regardless of fault, but the deer did hit the front corner of my truck.  It's going in on Thursday.

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member