Ms Grit

And this is why we have a hunting season ...

Posted (edited)

There are just too many deer. 40 years of driving and when I finally have a new truck is when I hit my first deer. No blood and he ran off, but did some serious damage to my truck. 5:30 in the morning driving through Sparta. The moment I saw him, I slammed on the brakes, but it was already too late. And this is also why we have insurance. 

748B0EB2-A7C5-4385-9212-093A3A9841DA.jpeg

Edited by Ms Grit
Spelling Errors

Oh boy. Glad you were not hurt. It will be fixed before you know it Robin! 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Oh, that stinks.  Glad you are okay.  Too bad you didn't get to keep the deer.

I actually sent D looking for it in people's yards while I called and waited for the police.  Hard to believe with as hard as I hit that I then saw him running away with no blood on him looking like nothing at all had happened.

That sucks Robin - very sorry.

You should drive more in zone 5, that almost never happens there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, buckhound said:

wow that sucks at least the insurance should fix it..

Yep, after my $500 deductible . . .

i found that if you plan to use your truck to hunt this is a good addition but buckshot and arrows are cheaper :D

500_bull_bar_cattle_pusher_dodge_3_4_and

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Glad you didn't get hurt Robin.  

• Like 1

That stinks. The important is it was minor and he lived. The other important  this , was it a buck and how big? huntable? :rofl:

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Ms Grit said:

I actually sent D looking for it in people's yards while I called and waited for the police.  Hard to believe with as hard as I hit that I then saw him running away with no blood on him looking like nothing at all had happened.

You might want to nickname your truck "Rage" in that case.  :rofl:

Edited by Haskell_Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

That stinks. The important is it was minor and he lived. The other important  this , was it a buck and how big? huntable? :rofl:

He was a "Y" buck, but with as hard as I hit him & the damage to my truck, I am confident that he had major internal injuries and ultimately did not survive. Did I also mention that immediately after I hit, the truck went thu dump as I ran over him?

Glad you ok, sorry to hear about the truck . Is that white plastic piece on the ground  go with a U2 for the deer or ins. co. ;)  

Glad your ok Robin.  Same thing happened to me last year. Just picked up new SUV in February and a few days  later I hit a doe on the way home from hunting.  Never found the deer but the damage to my front end was stunning. Never saw her run across the road. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jerseyhunter said:

Glad you ok, sorry to hear about the truck . Is that white plastic piece on the ground  go with a U2 for the deer or ins. co. ;)  

Thanks for the laugh Kjell.  The accident happened earlier in the morning so my pictures didn't come out.  Since there was nothing leaking from my truck, D and I continued our trip to NH for bear bait.  I took this picture at the first rest stop we hit, thus the plastic piece on the ground . . .

Posted (edited)

I have hit 3 in my day. Hit one last month lucky no damage to truck.  Bumped her in the ass an she just ran off. Glad your ok though and were able to still get bear bait  :up:

Edited by Live to Hunt
  • Like 1

A Dodge would of killed it right there. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Winner 1

Hey robin those bumpers are plastic- YouTube it it's an easy fix.. dump boiling water on it to soften plastic and press it our from the back side. Save the $500

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bummer! Amazing how much damage they can do. What's more amazing is the cost for parts and labor to fix it. You've been pretty fortunate with all the miles you put on in the wilds of New Jersey.  Too bad for the truck.

• Like 1

Bad Luck! No injuries is a good thing. What's that truck commercial that tells potential buyers every scratch tells a story? Good luck with all that insurance stuff. 

• Like 1

Jeez Robin!!  Sorry to hear!!  Sweet truck tho.....and hope it gets fixed promptly!!  I have hit 3 deer over the years, 1 in HS with my 1972 Chevy PU, 1 with the wife's CRV in upstate NY, and 1 with my Tundra last spring going turkey huntin!!  Luckily no one ever got hurt....except for the deer!!

• Like 1