A&N_Hunter

Video Camera Recommendations

Can anyone recommend an entry or mid-level HD camcorder for self filming hunts? Not looking to spend a fortune, but may a couple hundred bucks at most..

Thanks!

• Like 1

A&N I have had great self filmed hunts with the ION HD AIR PRO camera. Will try to find one of the bow hunts it was used on and post it here for you. Attached the link to it below. It is literally a fraction of the cost of a GoPro and takes crystal clear HD video. Worth looking into. I use mine on a head mounted unit so everything I am looking at is being filmed with no worries if it is recording...

https://usa.ioncamera.com/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LPJR said:

A&N I have had great self filmed hunts with the ION HD AIR PRO camera. Will try to find one of the bow hunts it was used on and post it here for you. Attached the link to it below. It is literally a fraction of the cost of a GoPro and takes crystal clear HD video. Worth looking into. I use mine on a head mounted unit so everything I am looking at is being filmed with no worries if it is recording...

https://usa.ioncamera.com/

This looks awesome! Thanks, Lou.

-Nick

Posted (edited)

Buy the best camera you can afford, in my opinion spend the money on a good arm and upgrade the camera eventually if need be. 

My set up for this year.

G40.jpg

Edited by kanigie
  • Like 1

It all depends on what you want to do with it for the results you want. There are a lot of good cameras out there that will take a decent video image. Remember you have to carry it in and carry it out with all of your other hunting stuff. You also have to realize you are either hunting or taking pictures. Pretty tough to do both. Not that it can't be done.

• Like 2