BobbyDigital

New Hunter - No experience!

Good luck . Keep it fun. Practice shooting from a tree stand at various angles . Study the pictures in Jack's thread , keep your movement down, and play the wind to your advantage.  Also be obsurbant of how the deer reacts to being shot it can tell you a whole lot about how good of a hit it was and can be the difference between putting your tag on it or not. .learn from all your mistakes .. you will make many!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

holy moly thanks for all the replies! im really happy to see such an active NJ hunting community.

Edited by BobbyDigital
typo
  • Like 2

Enjoy it!  Last year was my first season , I also did my hunter’s ed at Black River as well! (Went very fast doing bow only). I also am hunting Black River WMA. everyone on this site is sooo helpful! You will have a great first season! Day 2 of my first season last year and I had a group of 5 doe in sight. You never know what can happen! 

• Like 1

Congrats, welcome to hunting, good luck newbie,I,d have more to offer advice wise if you are still here come next year,hey, just because you are able to hunt does not a hunter make.Having a mentor someone with experience is a good thing.

Good luck to you in your 1st season......some great replies on this thread....shoot straight!!

Welcome!  This rain will bring you good luck on your test.   Pics I just put up on another thread about 'how do you prefer to hunt?' should help you a little with natural blinds and ground hunting.  Do it right, and you'll have deer in your lap.  Deer don't look down anymore.  Good luck hunting, and I'm looking forward to another ground hunter to share stories with.

Welcome!  This rain will bring you good luck on your test.   Pics I just put up on another thread about 'how do you prefer to hunt?' should help you a little with natural blinds and ground hunting.  Do it right, and you'll have deer in your lap.  Deer don't look down anymore.  Good luck hunting, and I'm looking forward to another ground hunter to share stories with.
Haha and rain it did. Got lucky during my archery and shotgun field tests it was only drizzling but I passed no problem. And awesome, I'll check that thread out - thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

congtrats, welcome to the brotherhood

• Like 1