Rusty

Annual Kayak Trip

Posted (edited)

We are kayaking down the Delaware this Saturday, all are welcome.  

We park at Kittatinny's Matamoras base and they bus us up to the Staircase.  It's a 6 mile float back down to Matamoras, with lots of swimming and cliff diving along the way.  

We wrap the day up at the Riverside Creamery for ice cream.  

http://www.riversidecreamery.com/

kayaking.png

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, LittleM said:

Plenty of water this year.................

Yes, the river is running nice and high.  :up: :up:

16 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

THERE - how do you guys like it?

I like it.  Activity keeps a thread at the top of the main page where lots of people will see it.  Ms Grit's post would have been buried and no one would have seen it if it weren't for all the "off topic" posts.  I can guarantee you that many more people viewed her post because of all the silliness.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I like it.  Activity keeps a thread at the top of the main page where lots of people will see it.  Ms Grit's post would have been buried and no one would have seen it if it weren't for all the "off topic" posts.  I can guarantee you that many more people viewed her post because of all the silliness.  

There's a guy who gets it! It's ok to be silly and not take this stuff too serious:up:

1 minute ago, Live to Hunt said:

FCD77268-2DEB-4FDB-BAA1-C97244E3E25E.jpeg

He is in the picture but that's not him.  

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

He is in the picture but that's not him.  

Is he the one wearing the green bikini:rofl:

• Haha 3
  • Winner 1

1 minute ago, 3Blade said:

You took the words out of my mouth 🤣

• Haha 2

Near Bow season and swimming don't got together

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Near Bow season and swimming don't got together

It ain't deer season until the last week of October in my book.  September is still Summer.  :D

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

THERE - how do you guys like it?

cat kayak.png

You kidnapped chow!!!  He better not come back with  a shaved back or a gargantuan ball sack! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 3Blade said:

I'm floating face-down in front of the cliff in the water.  I skipped down the rocks on my head because my legs couldn't propel my fat ass off the cliff.  I was saved by a floating, empty homebrew growler that was drifting past.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

My son and daughter went this past weekend on the Delaware what normally took them 8 hours to float down in rafts took 5 hours they said fish & game was out on the water and telling people everyone needed to have life jackets on regardless if you are over 18. They have been going for years and never had that happen before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joeybeets said:

My son and daughter went this past weekend on the Delaware what normally took them 8 hours to float down in rafts took 5 hours they said fish & game was out on the water and telling people everyone needed to have life jackets on regardless if you are over 18. They have been going for years and never had that happen before.

Fish and game can make you put on a life jacket?

I don’t have a kayak. Can a float in a tube tied off to your kayak in my c-string? I’ll bring wine and wheat thins 

• Like 1
  • Disturbing 1

Posted (edited)

I am not sure but I told my kids maybe if they feel that the river was running high and fast they can? Someone in the group questioned it and the reply they got was if they did not comply they will start writing tickets they had a group of 25 and  said they went up to all the other rafters that were also on the river as well.

Edited by Joeybeets

2 minutes ago, Joeybeets said:

I am not sure but I told my kids maybe if they feel that the river was running high and fast they can? Someone in the group questioned it and the reply that got was if they did not comply they will start writing tickets they had a group of 25 and  said they went up to all the other rafters that were also on the river as well.

I believe you but I find it odd.