Tarhunt

Life Takes A Change.

Hope you got good news from the neurologist this morning.  Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Finally heard back from my son a little while ago. Had a hard time working today. Could not concentrate at all. Anyway, his MRI came back clean but, they are shaving his head to do an EEG. Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind words. It is very much appreciated. It's tough being a parent sometimes. I'll keep everyone posted. John

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I had a kid who played hockey with us going through the same thing about 10 years ago. He was only 16 years old. Today he is a healthy adult living a normal life, still playing hockey with us. He takes medication for it every day but that's the only negative.

Good luck and keep us posted 

Really could've been a lot worse.  The fact he was still able to function and pull the car over is a very hopeful sign that he was not severely cognitively impaired.  MRI will tell a lot.   Prayers for a strong recovery. 

Sorry to hear, Tarhunt.  You said it - being a parent is hard.  Hoping his recovery will be speedy.

• Like 1

The doctor is releasing him in a few minutes. He's going to call me when he gets home. So, I will have more info.  Now, I just have to deal with my mom and her test results.

• Like 1

All of his test results were negative. He has to meet with the neurologist in a few weeks. He cannot drive for six months so, that's going to be an issue.

21 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

All of his test results were negative. He has to meet with the neurologist in a few weeks. He cannot drive for six months so, that's going to be an issue.

Who says he can't drive for 6 months?

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Who says he can't drive for 6 months?

His doctor. It's a recommendation not VA law. He's going back in two weeks and will ask his doctor again about driving or not.

3 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

His doctor. It's a recommendation not VA law. He's going back in two weeks and will ask his doctor again about driving or not.

It’s actually a law that once a person is treated for a seizure the doctor must notify the DMV or the doctor will be at risk for losing their medical license.  Your sone needs to see a neurologist as soon as possible because the 6 month time starts once the patient starts being under the care and is monitored by the doctor.  SOrry to hear about this, I know what the rules are because I have a seizure disorder and had an accident just like his while living in Virginia.

Glad the results are negative John. Great news. God bless. Listen to the doctors, all good. 

Prayers and best wishes for your boy ….. and for you and the rest of the family in this rough time, too.

Oh Geez, as a parent we will always worry about our kids no matter how old they are.  Wishing him a positive diagnosis and speedy recovery !!!

Thanks everyone! He did say on the bright side he will have more time to hunt the Palmanator.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

Thanks everyone! He did say on the bright side he will have more time to hunt the Palmanator.

Best of luck  with his recovery. Prayers sent. He’s got his new mission kill Palmanator!

• Agree 1

My son is on seizure meds,,,,not an easy thing to deal with. It restricts many things he can do. Prayers sent