Psehunter

Took the day off

It's been a few years since I called out of work to go fishing but I made the call on Thursday night that I need a day to myself...hooked up my boat and at 5 am yesterday i headed up to candlewood lake in CT....I had the place to myself since those jackass weather man said it's going to rain all day, well it turned out sunny..I had a great day of fishing , did pretty good once I figured out a pattern...only strange thing was I did not catch a single small mouth ..tried for them in some of my normal spots but noting . All large mouth. Fished from 7 am till 8:30 pm when I called it quits....It felt good to be out with no one to bother me all day hahaha...didn't take many pictures but here's a few, biggest fish went around 3.5lb but that's I guess I wasn't weighing them.

IMG_20180803_134132480_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180803_185516755.jpg

IMG_20180803_142210713_HDR.jpg

• Like 16

Mental health days are important.  :D  Beautiful spot.  :up:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Outstanding!!!  Nice day to "disconnect" from the world....thats what my tournament pals wife says to him when he fishes a tourney all day while she watches the kids!!  Lol. 

I never fished Candlewood. Always wanted to, but it's a haul from Ocean County. 

• Like 2

When I take a mental health day its hunting, fishing, or wind therapy on the bike. Nice catch pse

• Like 1

Very cool. Like said above, to disconnect is key. :up:

• Like 1

Great do those shorts help in Better catching :up: Hint Small Mouths don't Like plaid :happywave:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Great do those shorts help in Better catching :up: Hint Small Mouths don't Like plaid :happywave:

That's actually my bathing suit, they said it was supposed to rain all day....hahaha

• Agree 1

Nice,,,,,Used to do some tournament fishing up there. Great lake

• Like 1

Awesome ! Looked like a great day to do that ! Candlewood lake is a nice spot . I fished a practice session for a tournament up there years ago ! It was a nice lake . 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Father in Law won in back of my boat w an inline spinner! Local hint he got. Who knew??!!

Edited by Lphunsjr
  • Like 1

Congrats.  Great lake. Smallie north and Largemouth south. Been a while since I was there but I still herar it's good fishing.