IGNORED

Help with New Vehicle Recommendations

18 hours ago, Nomad said:

1957 Buck I would like to see a pic of your project and also a picture of Coonan's new Raptor!

The photo is bottom of Door of the Lap at the bottom. Drivers side front. Of 2012 Equinox 75000 miles. This is a Cronic thing with that Model and years.  I will first power brush the area then use the Kit to Finish.  The door assembly plant when the outer skin is Crimped on the inner panel there is a Sealer applied if this squeezes out along that seam in time that bead will dry rot and Salt will intrude in.  The main problem is poor Sealer quality since after Priming than Painting & clear coating the Body and all its parts go through a High temp Oven to cure them.  The project won't happen till I can do it outside in cooler weather. 

What is a Coonan's New Raptor ??????????????????????

100_1388.JPG

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I use this on rust like that.  Stops it in it's tracks. https://www.amazon.com/POR-15-45008-Gloss-black-Preventive/dp/B00H2VVM8E

Nomad thanks for taking the time with Suggestions. that product is no good for the purpose intended for the Project.  Read about Substrates and That Rust is Alive and will continue to grow if exposed to Oxygen ( Oxidizer )  and any cracks in that coating and it will Fail not to leave out the Finished Appearance of the Surface.  I want the complete removal of Rust than an Inhibitor and then finish Coat.  Have Family at Interlux Marine Finishes and Armex Div. of Church and Dwight (Arm& Hammer )  not to leave out 36 years at GM Assembly Plant.  That is a vast Knowledge of Metal Finishing. Again Thanks 

71g8ckj4eGL._SL1296_.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

On 8/4/2018 at 8:06 PM, Merkel said:

Good luck with your new truck! The Raptor is very nice looking.

Thank you, So far it seems to be a fantastic truck, I'm really amazon with the power output from the turbo 6 cylinder. I still think a V8 would have been a better choice.

7 minutes ago, Coonan357 said:

Thank you, So far it seems to be a fantastic truck, I'm really amazon with the power output from the turbo 6 cylinder. I still think a V8 would have been a better choice.

Post some pictures

2 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

Nomad thanks for taking the time with Suggestions. that product is no good for the purpose intended for the Project.  Read about Substrates and That Rust is Alive and will continue to grow if exposed to Oxygen ( Oxidizer )  and any cracks in that coating and it will Fail not to leave out the Finished Appearance of the Surface.  I want the complete removal of Rust than an Inhibitor and then finish Coat.  Have Family at Interlux Marine Finishes and Armex Div. of Church and Dwight (Arm& Hammer )  not to leave out 36 years at GM Assembly Plant.  That is a vast Knowledge of Metal Finishing. Again Thanks 

71g8ckj4eGL._SL1296_.jpg

Sounds like you know what you are doing!