IGNORED

What type of bracket?

A&N_Hunter

how about no brackets, and glue or nail a strip of wood on both sides of the outer edge for the full length of the 1/2 door.  Then you can just slide them in and secure with screws?  Then if you needed to remove, you can just unscrew it and slide it all back out.  Paint or stain the new wood to match wall or doors - your call?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Yea I would get the same color wood from the guy and make a tack to drop it down between. Trim nail into corner of wall... if it's too loose you can always countersink a screw for easy removal in future.
4 short pieces of wood should to the trick and cover the loose spaces on each side.

Mind letting me know where ya got it and how much it cost? I have a similar area from my kitche/living rm and may need to gate it off when baby starts getting into stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

like JH bowhunter and Jay said I would get some would to match 4 pieces to screw to the wall so you can slide your gate in then if you choose screw to the gate put a piece of matching wood on top to stop it from coming out or leave it so you can slide it out and put it aside if needed .....

4 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Yea I would get the same color wood from the guy and make a tack to drop it down between. Trim nail into corner of wall... if it's too loose you can always countersink a screw for easy removal in future.
4 short pieces of wood should to the trick and cover the loose spaces on each side.

Mind letting me know where ya got it and how much it cost? I have a similar area from my kitche/living rm and may need to gate it off when baby starts getting into stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jay,

I'll have to ask my wife who exactly he is. All I know is that his name is Brett, he lives down in Panther Valley, and this gate cost us $400 with a 2-2 1/2 week turnaround.