IGNORED

Question for Hammer4reel

Lunatic

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

too late to get any good pics tonight,

I wear it over my wooltimate bibs, but its underneath the wooltimate parka, it only goes to your waist. The carabiner lays flat against you , you really don't know its there at all as it has ZERO restrictions .

I put mine on at the truck, and slide the tether into my side pocket until I hook in.

It weighs hardly anything, im sure after you try one you will look back at the other safty systems and say WHY didn't I try this sooner .

im going to try and search my old thread , as I believe there are pics on it 

Ok so you do wear it underneath your parka! That’s good 

found some pics of the rabbit runner how it is when it hanging on the tree at correct height. 

where its set here is just long enough to sit down on the seat without pulling. you can see how when standing it hangs in a loop below where you would be holding your bow

tetherattach.jpg

tether1.jpg

tether2.jpg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Ok so it looks to me like the tether is simple hanging to the side, not up over your shoulder. This explains why wearing a jacket over the harness is not a problem.
I am sold, thanks for the info.  

Edited by Lunatic

11 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Ok so it looks to me like the tether is simple hanging to the side, not up over your shoulder. This explains why wearing a jacket over the harness is not a problem.
I am sold, thanks the info.  

yes it hangs off to the side and back behind you to the tree. the attachment on you is at your belt buckle if you were to fall it spins you towards the tree into the easiest position to get back to your stand or your tree steps.

Your jacket hanging over the carabiner is what keeps it nice and flat off to your side . but even when not wearing a jacket it stays pretty flat still

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

yes it hangs off to the side and back behind you to the tree. the attachment on you is at your belt buckle if you were to fall it spins you towards the tree into the easiest position to get back to your stand or your tree steps.

Your jacket hanging over the carabiner is what keeps it nice and flat off to your side . but even when not wearing a jacket it stays pretty flat still

Yep , I get it now. I was fixed on the tether coming up under your jacket, which now I realize makes no sense:shock:
I just bough one on Amazon

Thanks for your help

On 7/31/2018 at 10:48 AM, mazzgolf said:

I don't think you can get it to tether behind you, especially if you wear the harness under your parka. The belay loop is up front, there is no connection point in the back.

This is why I plan on wearing the harness on the outside of my clothing - I want the belay loop on the outside so I can connect and the rabbit runner hangs loose and gets out of the way.

But the rabbit runner isn't in your face while hunting - it seems weird considering its hooked in the front, but it really isn't in the way.  Remember you have some slack. Let it hang off to the side under the arm and up to the tree strap above.

Yes, it is possible the harness might get in the way of some pants pockets.

@mazzgolf @hammer4reel

I'm looking at the Coulior and the BOD, both have the belay loop in front. Could you in theory wear them under the outer later and pull the belay loop up to expose it right above your belt?

4 minutes ago, kanigie said:

I'm looking at the Coulior and the BOD, both have the belay loop in front. Could you in theory wear them under the outer later and pull the belay loop up to expose it right above your belt?

In theory, I think the answer is yes. If you have an outer jacket the belay loop could peek out from under the jacket. I'm trying to picture would it would be like during a fall :hmmmer: ... so long as the caribiner and belay loop are exposed, I guess it would work. Again, I would just preach my "practice first" mantra. However you plan on using it, simulate a fall with that same setup - make sure the tether, caribiner, and main safety line can all be free of interference and will work as intended during a fall.

3 hours ago, kanigie said:

@mazzgolf @hammer4reel

I wouldnt wear it under my pants . It's designed to be on the outside . Your clothes will cushion you in a fall to abrasion from the harness . You will not even know it's there .

And it lays under your jacket fine 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

So I received my BD Bod harness today. Nice small and light, can't wait to try it.

However, I don't see any way to attach to it my linesman belt. The four loops on the side are not it, they are there to hang your tools of the trade.  How do you use a linesman belt with this harness?

50 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

So I received my BD Bod harness today. Nice small and light, can't wait to try it.

However, I don't see any way to attach to it my linesman belt. The four loops on the side are not it, they are there to hang your tools of the trade.  How do you use a linesman belt with this harness?

do not attach any life support to the gear loops , they are not intended for anything other than tag lines while climbing , they offer NO SUPPORT. ( I actually cut all the gear loops off to make the harness as compact as possible under my jacket)

put up a pic of your linemans belt. I use a rope with an arborists knot in place of a linemans belt when hanging stands, can adjust it to any size tree

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

So I used my new harness last week and I loved it. This thing is light and comfortable. I worked well  with Linesman belt and it felt great in the stand. For the tether I decided on a 8mm rope with loop on one side for the tree strap attachment, and a Prusik Knot on the rope for the Crabiner which hooks up to the harness. This way I can adjust the length of my tether, something I need to do because while climbing I can't always tie my tree strap at the same elevation. Thanks everyone for your help.